Different fun | Syracusefan.com

Different fun

benjams77

Walk On
I coach HS hoops inTN ...moving from upstate NY 20 years ago and a big Cuse fan!... I am assistant at one of the top 5 programs in TN .. next year we will have a big drop off.. it happens.. but our staff has commented how “fun” it is going to be to get guys to compete that really are not expected too... like Cuse, this year I’m not thrilled about most likely missing the tourney but it’s a different kind if fun watching games,. seeing this team grow and knock off teams like VA today.. Yeah it’s a year we will lose to BC but beat Duke.. Fun to watch ... lose to VA at home to start year and then beat them on their court, where they at 85% expected to win .. that’s FUN... just a different type.. Go Cuse

I coach HS hoops inTN ...moving from upstate NY 20 years ago and a big Cuse fan!... I am assistant at one of the top 5 programs in TN .. next year we will have a big drop off.. it happens.. but our staff has commented how “fun” it is going to be to get guys to compete that really are not expected too... like Cuse, this year I’m not thrilled about most likely missing the tourney but it’s a different kind if fun watching games,. seeing this team grow and knock off teams like VA today.. Yeah it’s a year we will lose to BC but beat Duke.. Fun to watch ... lose to VA at home to start year and then beat them on their court, where they at 85% expected to win .. that’s FUN... just a different type.. Go Cuse

Good post! To me it was a twist, being I thought the title simply referred to this team actually closing/winning a game for a change. Once we reach adulthood(in this "modern" society in particular), there is little excitement with newness in anything of substance, so I know what you mean with facing the unknown. Best wishes for your upcoming challenging/exciting season!

I agree.These kids work hard, seem very coachable, team players and hope we get to watch them continue to improve, share the ball, have fun playing for SU for the next few years.

wish we won the game instead of had it given to us. Virginia was what 7-33 with wide open threes missed.

wish we won the game instead of had it given to us. Virginia was what 7-33 with wide open threes missed.
How many times has a 5’10” 20% 3 pointer shooter gone off for 20 on 5-8 from 3. Can go both ways.
Also, it isn’t like they have been killing it offensively this season and had an off night. We beat them at home playing their rock fight game.

How many times has a 5’10” 20% 3 pointer shooter gone off for 20 on 5-8 from 3. Can go both ways.
Also, it isn’t like they have been killing it offensively this season and had an off night. We beat them at home playing their rock fight game.
I love the “rock fight“game term .. we talked about that with our team

I love the “rock fight“game term .. we talked about that with our team
Good luck with that. Sucks to watch but keeps the lessor talent in the game. It is why Bennett is so good. Takes mediocre talent and gets them to excel.

So how much money did you lose on the game? Or are you just into bitterness?

Wish I knew what was wrong with my first reply to your post. Being I am forced to guess, I am guessing it was not because I said these type of wins are things one might not seek out, but also not ones one is not quick to turn away(similar to pizza or pity sex).