Different silver lining? | Syracusefan.com

Different silver lining?

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
I know that nobody wants to be in the NIT, especially when many major names are saying we belonged in.

However, does anyone care that we now will be much more likely to get 20 wins, instead of Boeheim getting handed a season under 2o wins?

I know it's not that important, but I do think it does end up helping cosmetically. Id much rather make the dance, but right now I am seeking any good that can happen. Maybe we can destroy the NIT and prove we belonged in the dance. Hopefully we dont play down to the opponent's level, like Cuse has been known to do. I'd love to see some emotion just thown out onto the court from these young men.

Bump. Anyone care about getting out of the sub 20 win season now that the NCAA tournament is behind us?

Wow, th results of tihis thread could send me back into depression if i let it. Good thing I wont now. I really thought some folks would appreciate this silver lining, and maybe seeing the team gel one final stretch and do something at least semi-epic if they destroy the field...

I really wish my edit button wasnt broken. I feel like I should aplogize for my typos. Ugh.

Not to be rude, but no, "destroying the field," won't make it all better. We could win every game by 20 and it wouldn't be epic or rank anywhere among the program's achievements. Nor would it be something I'd ever dream of bringing up to a fan of any other team.

Winning 20 games is a fine thing but I'd rather win 19 and have gone to the real tourney.

If there's a silver lining it's that we're too good of a program to take solace in any NIT achievements. I hope they win it, and I hope Lydon and Battle stay, and Thompson develops nicely from the extra games. I hope DC gets onto the floor and gets a bucket at the Dome. But mostly, I only care to the extent it helps us next year and to the extent we avoid the mockery of losing to UNC Greensboro after the Boeheim rant.

I'll try to watch the games, but I won't schedule my life around it like I would a tourney game, and I won't live and die with the outcome.

Syracuse has a running record of 48 consecutive winning seasons!

I'd like them to win the NIT simply for great practice time against some pretty good teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom