Digger in midseason form | Syracusefan.com

Digger in midseason form

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
talking about the big east:

"you can talk about louisville. you can talk about syracuse. but notre dame is gonna make a statement this year!"

i guess its too early for them to be on a mission

"you can talk about louisville. you can talk about syracuse. but notre dame is gonna make a statement this year!"

LOL maybe this is the year ND can finally get out of the first weekend of the tournament, but I doubt it.

I think the statement will be, "We're not as good as Louisville or Syracuse!"

That 58-49 win over evansville already made that statement.

I don't really understand the hype over ND. Sure, they returned a bunch, but it's not like it was a group that was on the brink of breaking out. It was a mediocre group with one solid piece in Cooley. Didn't really add anyone groundbreaking, and if their players make a big jump, they still aren't close to being as talented as SU, Ville, or even Cincy.

The ND statement reads, "We have decided to start a Division I basketball program."

That 58-49 win over evansville already made that statement.
I know CJ is left handed but there is no excuse for saluting with your left hand!

He was talking about how they have 23 and 24 year olds on that team. Like that makes a difference in college basketball. Hey I'm 42...can I play????

He was talking about how they have 23 and 24 year olds on that team. Like that makes a difference in college basketball. Hey I'm 42...can I play????

Its a mid-major approach and it works well for an upset or two, but when you have talent you don't worry about age.

I've said it before, but I consistently find Digger to be probably the worst analyst on tv. The ND thing is his gimmick; it gets annoying but whatever. But any time the ESPN talking heads have any kind of debate he seems to never be able to back up any argument he makes with, you know, facts.

I tell you who was pretty good last night was Bruce Pearl. Really did a good job with the color commentary for the game I watched (dont remember who it was as they all seemed to blend in last night).

ND never does well when they are expected to be good. They are good as a feisty underdog, when they are expected to do nothing. I expect a very average 7-8 seed type season for ND.

Some Suggestions for Digger:

BYU is the only school that can be on a mission

Notre Dame should be on a crusade

Zaytuna College will be on a pilgrimage, if and when they get a basketball team

Some Suggestions for Digger:

BYU is the only school that can be on a mission

Notre Dame should be on a crusade

Zaytuna College will be on a pilgrimage, if and when they get a basketball team

What about the Yeshiva Institute?

rp_primary_shlomo.jpg

Do they go wandering in the desert? Or shopping?

Its a mission statement.:)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

When did ND become a Mormon school?

Did he pick Texas to go to the Final 4? Or WAR-shington to win the PAC-12?

"WAR-shington" just lost at home to Albany...but they still might win the Pac12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom