Digging Howard’s Attitude | Syracusefan.com

Digging Howard’s Attitude

GooseMutt

All Conference
Every post game interview he compliments other players on the team. Today it was Marek( who certainly deserved it). He controls his emotions on the court 90 percent of the time very well. He shakes things off and has really matured. Takes things in stride and moves on. Willing to take the chance to make the big play or shot at critical times. Succeeds more often than not. Respect

Every post game interview he compliments other players on the team. Today it was Marek( who certainly deserved it). He controls his emotions on the court 90 percent of the time very well. He shakes things off and has really matured. Takes things in stride and moves on. Willing to take the chance to make the big play or shot at critical times. Succeeds more often than not. Respect
Would have agreed right up to the point he shoved that kid the other night. You just can't do that.

Would have agreed right up to the point he shoved that kid the other night. You just can't do that.

That shove was not a big deal, the State guard got tangled up with Howard after the layup and kept his arm around Howard's neck too long for Howard's liking. Howard's reaction was nothing more than get your frigging arm off my neck now, here I'll help you with that. When the State guard reacted and got right in Howard's face, Howard's reaction was pretty composed as he just placed his arms over his head. It was a huge play for State and as we all know, there was a lot riding on this game. I don't know if you ever played highly competitive sports in your day, but it you did, and played it at a high level, these thing happen, especially in an extremely competitive environment. If you are making a judgement of Howard based upon that minuscule incident, let alone a critical one, I'll just say, diplomatically, that's interesting.

Agreed. The kid has matured big time. I hope it continues—and I think it will.

That shove was not a big deal, the State guard got tangled up with Howard after the layup and kept his arm around Howard's neck too long for Howard's liking. Howard's reaction was nothing more than get your frigging arm off my neck now, here I'll help you with that. When the State guard reacted and got right in Howard's face, Howard's reaction was pretty composed as he just placed his arms over his head. It was a huge play for State and as we all know, there was a lot riding on this game. I don't know if you ever played highly competitive sports in your day, but it you did, and played it at a high level, these thing happen, especially in an extremely competitive environment. If you are making a judgement of Howard based upon that minuscule incident, let alone a critical one, I'll just say, diplomatically, that's interesting.
Yeah, I'm making a judgment on him getting a tech when we have 7 guys on the team. Be smart and walk away. Is that diplomatically enough for you.

That incident was disturbing and that’s why I said 90 percent of the time but wanted to keep thread positive because he does deserve it given past behavior. Yeah but the other night was punk c h it

:rolling:...you apparently never played competitive sports of any kind.

Yeah, I'm making a judgment on him getting a tech when we have 7 guys on the team. Be smart and walk away. Is that diplomatically enough for you.

It was a double tech...no harm no foul. Go rewatch the footage, he did walk away and with his hands above his head after the State guard wanted to make more out of it.

What's the point in starting to go negative on what started as a positive thread.

You could take any of our players and run them down about something but today is not the day to rehash history with the game Frank had.
LOL Run them down?

at least he didn't smack the little guy today, even though you could feel through the TV how much he wanted to
I'm on the road in Detroit and didn't watch. Did anyone note FH played against Lykes growing up and in HS. Lykes went to Gonzaga in DC.

I'm on the road in Detroit and didn't watch. Did anyone note FH played against Lykes growing up and in HS. Lykes went to Gonzaga in DC.

No, they mentioned Lykes went to Gonzaga but didn’t connect it to Frank.

Last edited:
Excellent! Great job folks. We had a HUGE win yesterday and Frank had a very very good game. We now have 3, or is it 4, threads where the OP had something positive about Frank, or the thread wasn't about Frank at all, and people were able to turn them all into anti-Frank discussions.

Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom