Dino needs a mentor | Syracusefan.com

Dino needs a mentor

florange44

Scout Team
Dino clearly has some weaknesses. If he’s going to stay 2 more years at least, then Wildhack should find him a mentor to help him with discipline, penalties, and time mgt ( at least). Surely Wild has some contacts from his ESPN days. All I can come up with is Tony Dungey but he is a pro guy. He Would help but I think a college guy might be better. Any ideas?

All this guy is doing is hitting golf balls and playing the ponies.
1606699655167.png

They will not bring in a consultant. No money. My concern is that Dino is convinced that the only issue is injuries and that once everyone healthy the team will win. Not sure I agree.

I’m not sure what the point of a mentor would be. Would we be hiring a ghost head coach to coach behind the scenes, or would we be finding a friend to tell him that the team stinks. If it’s point #1, then I think we have bigger fish for those dollars to fry. If it’s #2, then sure. Tell him to read my posts, and I’ll bring him up to speed.

Dino is on the old side for having a mentor but he’s not stupid. He knows he needs help and with the right guy offered in the right way, I hope he’d accept it.

If he’s so stubborn that he won’t listen to someone with a proven track record, then you’re right, he’s not the right one for the job.

I think Dino needs to start considering assistants outside of his clique. I also think we need a Northeast recruiter to find the hidden gems from the under recruited areas. Where is Terry Richardson now? Can he recruit? Would he be a better option than Lynch? Or Ferri? How has Giufre done with the OL at UConn? Would he be a better option? Cavanaugh? Would Ianello be a better option than Ferri?

Looking at some of the top players from NYC area (NY/NJ) I see a few went to NC State. I don't see any of their current coaches with bios indicating ties to the area. How were we losing kids to them?

I am afraid that will not do it. Dino has not shown he can recruit at the level needed to win the ACC. Has not been able to sell the program to recruits. This continues to be the reason that the probability he will turn this around is is low. I would love to be wrong, but 5 years in I think we know what we have.

Paul Lucian Pasqualoni is the mentor we need, not the mentor we want.

He's actually doing this job at Florida right now no?

1606742812062.png

he doesn't need a mentor, he needs a f**king offensive line and a QB, just to name a couple of things..

he doesn't need a mentor, he needs a f**king offensive line and a QB, just to name a couple of things..
He needs those also, but neither of those will help him manage the clock, improve discipline which results in less penalties, or Develop players. We need all of that to be consistently good.

I contend he needs to be coached up in those areas.

Dino clearly has some weaknesses. If he’s going to stay 2 more years at least, then Wildhack should find him a mentor to help him with discipline, penalties, and time mgt ( at least). Surely Wild has some contacts from his ESPN days. All I can come up with is Tony Dungey but he is a pro guy. He Would help but I think a college guy might be better. Any ideas?

Don't know about the mentor piece but the time management has been absolutely atrocious since day 1. I will never understand that. I realize I'm not in the moment, on the sidelines, but it's brutal.

Don't know about the mentor piece but the time management has been absolutely atrocious since day 1. I will never understand that. I realize I'm not in the moment, on the sidelines, but it's brutal.
I am amazed by how many coaches are bad at time management because it is literally the one part of the job any of us could do.

Last edited:
I’d donate to the football/coaching fund if instating Coughlin or P in a bs position that had access to the team/practice was in play

At least 6 of my 9 nickels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom