Dino Recruiting Visit on Saturday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Recruiting Visit on Saturday

Yes those three are the ones he should be visiting.

I really don’t need a lesson on how to recruit and I’ll frankly never be swayed that recruiting 9th graders is a smart play.

He needs to win now in 2023 or he won’t make it to 2026.
For us it’s very smart, only thing that will help us is to develop really strong relationships. Now you could argue maybe the priority should have been with a 2023 kid but I really don’t have an issue with it

The ones that visited for Louisville and Purdue and Virginia?

Bertrand, Norman, and Brown?

You need to be on kids early - especially the high end ones, just to have a chance.

Also, we don't know where Swag Daddy went - he could have flown down to Philly and drove around to visit all those top end kids.
Swag wasn't in Philly but he was in the northeast.

I really don’t need a lesson on how to recruit and I’ll frankly never be swayed that recruiting 9th graders is a smart play.

Maybe during bye week

You can shake your head but that kid is going to be a very highly ranked national recruit.

He has been courted by Ohio State and Penn State this year, and we have been all over him as well.

I'm cautious when I say he will be top 100.

He may end up top 50 in his class.

We all want the program to be good again - these are the kids we need to sustain any success.

When Garrett and Duce go to the league, and possibly Carter, this kid would be the next one in line.
Maybe Weitsman can give him an advance!

Babers doesn’t even have a contract that runs that far out.

His time would be better spent going after the defensive lineman that we so desperately need next season.
2x this.

As a recruiter, I don't think you understand recruiting at all.
Going to watch a prospect's game isn't only developing a relationship with that prospect but also with the football teams coaches, all the other players on the team, their parents and the school. The head coach from Syracuse made the effort to come visit and watch a high school game. Relationship building.

Going to watch a prospects game isn't only developing a relationship with that prospect but also with the football teams coaches, all the other players on the team, their parents and the school. The head coach from Syracuse made the effort to come visit and watch a high school game. Relationship building.

Exactly. Recruiting is a sales job. I made more $ my last years as a car salesman than my teaching contract even goes up to and that was almost 20 years ago. You don't survive and be successful unless you foster relationships and realize that the dividends from those relationships might not be realized for years, if at all. But that is the only way to have long-term success in sales or recruiting.

We’re 4-0 most likely 5-0…what else does he do to win now?

His time would be better spent going after the defensive lineman that we so desperately need next seaso

His time would be better spent going after the defensive lineman that we so desperately need next season.
Very odd take here. He’s still employed here and is recruiting for immediate needs and future …. Jeez, if you don’t get in on kids early you may not get in at all…. Just don’t get your perspective that you shouldn’t build relationships early…it’s not like he is neglecting kids for next year.

hope you have a long term retirement plan and just aren’t planning for next year.

Last edited:
You can shake your head but that kid is going to be a very highly ranked national recruit.

He has been courted by Ohio State and Penn State this year, and we have been all over him as well.

I'm cautious when I say he will be top 100.

He may end up top 50 in his class.

We all want the program to be good again - these are the kids we need to sustain any success.

When Garrett and Duce go to the league, and possibly Carter, this kid would be the next one in line.
not really , we have a couple pretty high on us as in the kids Love and I believe Wosley.

Going to watch a prospect's game isn't only developing a relationship with that prospect but also with the football teams coaches, all the other players on the team, their parents and the school. The head coach from Syracuse made the effort to come visit and watch a high school game. Relationship building.
Having met several players’ parents, they’re vocal and passionate about their children - even when they’re smart enough not to post here. Get to know them early!

We’re 4-0 most likely 5-0…what else does he do to win now?

It’s a looong season and anything can still happen. BUT, assuming we get to a bowl this year, I was implying he’ll need to sustain it, with a couple of bowl games in a row. He’s yet to get a contract extension so he sort of has to win now and over the next couple of seasons or he’s out.

We’ll have a lot of huge holes to fill next season to and 2023 recruiting is less than stellar so far. I’m not in the camp that he should be spending his weekends on 9th graders. I’d like to see them putting the full court press on kids who we can sign this year.

Yeah no, I’ve spent my whole corporate career schmoozing people so I understand relationship building just fine, and have spent far longer than you following the inner workings of recruiting and Syracuse recruiting. If I thought it was a successful strategy to recruit 9th graders I’d be all for it. It’s not. We don’t even land legacies that we’ve recruited for years and years.

If I’m around in 4 years to to eat crow on this one I’ll serve it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom