Dino Week 3 USF Press Conference | Syracusefan.com

Dino Week 3 USF Press Conference

Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball
"We're going to get there, but the numbers Louisville put up were too large" - @CoachBabersCuse

"Lamar Jackson is really, really good but we helped him out as well by making mistakes." Praises SU special teams

"You want to make sure a team only beats you once. We don't want to let that linger so they beat us twice."

Babers praises Flowers and says SU got a concentrated dose of a similar skill set in Jackson Friday.

"I'm really glad Garoppolo did well last night, and I'm not surprised by it"

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Syracuse coach Dino Babers said he's still waiting on final medical info for injured DBs Antwan Cordy and Juwan Dowels.

Dino on DB depth: might move players over there to help

Dino says leaving Dungey in late in Louisville is a gut feeling. Says guys train to not get injured.

Babers jokingly called playing tempo teams with dual-threat QBs "a blessing and a curse." Not much else notable from his presser.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
USF HC Willie Taggart talking SU on AAC call: "Tough place to play. We know that we'll have to be ready to go. It's our 1st road game."

Willie Taggart on USF RB Marlon Mack returning from concussion: "Whenever you can have your best player out there, it's good for your team."

USF's Willie Taggart on SU's tempo: "We've just got to make sure we're sound." Have to get call in and set up. Practice against it vs. O.

USF head coach Willie Taggart calls RB Marlon Mack probable for Syracuse (concussion). Previously said he could've played vs. NIU if needed.

CsKz4rqXgAAPUZ5.jpg

Last edited:
This is a big game for us. Hopefully we can get decent crowd so we can make some real noise.
LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

STs have been really solid. Probably our best unit thus far. Good to see that we put the effort there.

The only quibble I would have is the personnel. I get that Ismail is a good blocker but do we not have someone else that can do it? A TE, LB, or S? IMO the risk/reward of having him block on KOs isn't worth it. He did get injured on one KR. I am all for using starters on STs but usually when a WR is out there it is to return the ball.

STs have been really solid. Probably our best unit thus far. Good to see that we put the effort there.

The only quibble I would have is the personnel. I get that Ismail is a good blocker but do we not have someone else that can do it? A TE, LB, or S? IMO the risk/reward of having him block on KOs isn't worth it. He did get injured on one KR. I am all for using starters on STs but usually when a WR is out there it is to return the ball.
Kickoff return could be better, but overall the specials have been doing ok.

What, #14 didn't really pull his hamstring on the right leg multiple times?

New Rule suggestion: After the the third player injury for a team, each subsequent injured player must sit at least 15 minutes of playing time before returning to game. If more than 3 players from the same team are injured in a quarter, the team must take a personal foul, thus giving up a first down or moving themselves backwards.

What, #14 didn't really pull his hamstring on the right leg multiple times?

New Rule suggestion: After the the third player injury for a team, each subsequent injured player must sit at least 15 minutes of playing time before returning to game. If more than 3 players from the same team are injured in a quarter, the team must take a personal foul, thus giving up a first down or moving themselves backwards.

Just make any injured player that requires a stoppage in play to sit a quarter. It will both limit the fake injuries and further protect the truly injured players.

Just make any injured player that requires a stoppage in play to sit a quarter. It will both limit the fake injuries and further protect the truly injured players.
Coaches will say that this would endanger players because they would be too afraid to come out when they actually are injured.

Coaches will say that this would endanger players because they would be too afraid to come out when they actually are injured.

it would be hard for a kid who's legitimately hurt to fake it though. A quarter is too long but that current series or 3 plays would be a start.

Disagree on special teams. 2 shanked punts doesn't cut it

I say play on. Meaning if the guy has gone down 3 times with same "injury" play on. They are the ones sending him out there... if they want to stop clock they should call timeout then. Otherwise start play with one opposing team member on ground faking. Or take away timeouts for repeat offenders .

I say play on. Meaning if the guy has gone down 3 times with same "injury" play on. They are the ones sending him out there... if they want to stop clock they should call timeout then. Otherwise start play with one opposing team member on ground faking. Or take away timeouts for repeat offenders .
My only objection is that the down player now becomes a trip hazard, a risk of additional injuries to other players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom