Dinosaur BBQ Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Dinosaur BBQ Saturday

Toronto Cuse

Walk On
What time will I need to get to Dinosaur on Saturday in order to make it work? I ate a hand sliced Texas BBQ Brisket Sandwich against 'Nova the last time we broke the attendance record and the place was beyond rammed. Got extremely lucky to have been served that day. Coming from Canada Saturday morning and want to time it correctly. Between Dinosaur Saturday and Southern Hospitality (BBQ joint near the Mecca) during the BET, I should fill my BBQ quota for the season.

Arrive whenever you'd like, but you HAVE to be walking out of Dinosaur by 2:45 to get to your seats.

10:30am? Maybe hang out in the back by the smoker and help feed the beast and Cooter will let you have something early.

Camping out at Wegman's Friday night for the fresh suds Saturday morning.

I would get there at noon and at least get the eating part out of the way. You can always stay and booze at the bar if you finish early. Then as 690 said I would leave for the Dome from there no later than 2:30 even. Traffic will be a nightmare. I live about a 12-15 minute drive from my house right to my lot and its all back roads and I am leaving my house at 1:45.

Dinosaur will be completely, unbearably mobbed all day... but they do a great job getting small groups in and out. If you're going with 4 or less you should be OK getting there by 1pm, I'd sad ... but if you have 5 or more, get there by 12pm. I've shown up at Dino with 5 people on a random, uneventful wednesday night once and literally stood waiting 90 minutes for a table.

The biggest problem is that likely 75%+ of the people at Dino on Saturday will be going to the game... which means they won't want to leave their table until its time to head up the hill. Waiting time is always all about turnover, and turnover will be horrifically bad from 1-3pm.

Also, almost 100% sure they are running another 'tailgate special' which I'm not sure if it is something that could be purchased at the door or not. It can be a bit pricey (like $99 including ride to/from Dome), but they'll let you upstairs, feed you BBQ till you hate yourself, and feed you beer till you love everyone.

edit: Surprisingly I actually don't see anything about a tailgate special Saturday. If ever there were a day to do it ...

Also, almost 100% sure they are running another 'tailgate special' which I'm not sure if it is something that could be purchased at the door or not. It can be a bit pricey, but they'll let you upstairs, feed you BBQ till you hate yourself, and feed you beer till you love everyone.

Absolutely love that line.

If the weather's decent, get Dino Express to go and eat on a park bench in the neighborhood.

Otherwise, can't hurt to get there at 11

what time does chucks open on saturday??

I'm getting claustrophobic at the mere thought of being at Chuck's on Saturday. I love that place when it's like 60% full.

To be on the safe side, you should probably set up a tent outside Dino the night before. It's the only way.

Dinosaur just posted this on facebook;

If you're thinking of going to the SU - Georgetown game at the Dome on Saturday, consider beginning the day or finishing it at the Dinosaur. We are going to open up the Syracuse Dino's second floor so there will be plenty of room to hang out with friends and have a beer or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom