Dion is having a What game, but what is up with Verajao | Syracusefan.com

Dion is having a What game, but what is up with Verajao

Yeah, Dion is really struggling. Varejao is matchup nightmare at the 5 now. His skill set is so improved and he still is very young. The guy had 20 boards at the H the other night.

Kid is still shooting 50% from 3 for the season. Good lord Dion is on fire.

Only 6 TOs over last 5 games, shaking off the rust.

Dion will likely be a streak shooter, just like he was in college. He just isn't able to really elevate and finish inside yet. If he gets in shape, it will help.

On the defensive side of things...man, Dion and Kyrie give up dribble penetration like its train smoke... terrible.

Dion will likely be a streak shooter, just like he was in college. He just isn't able to really elevate and finish inside yet. If he gets in shape, it will help.

On the defensive side of things...man, Dion and Kyrie give up dribble penetration like its train smoke... terrible.

It doesn't even seem like Byron Scott coaches defense. They don't even pretend to try to fight through screens. They see a screen coming, slow down, and hit the screener and then just stand there and let the offense do whatever it wants. They aren't even close to having the offensive firepower to make up for their awful defense.

Like I said, I'm expecting that Varejao will be traded at some point this season. Just doesn't make sense to keep him around anymore and I feel like other teams will be all over him.

Kyrie Irving and varejao have developed great chemistry.

It doesn't even seem like Byron Scott coaches defense. They don't even pretend to try to fight through screens. They see a screen coming, slow down, and hit the screener and then just stand there and let the offense do whatever it wants. They aren't even close to having the offensive firepower to make up for their awful defense.

Like I said, I'm expecting that Varejao will be traded at some point this season. Just doesn't make sense to keep him around anymore and I feel like other teams will be all over him.

I agree about Varejao, but all this stuff about fighting through screens is driving me nuts! You can go over a screen, you can go under a screen, you can switch a screen. Fighting through a screen is a foul! It's TV talk, not part of the game.

He had an off night, and Kyrie and Varajao had it rolling. It's gonna happen.

Nice to see the Nets play well, even if they let Cleveland cut into that lead a bit in the fourth.

Yeah, Dion is really struggling. Varejao is matchup nightmare at the 5 now. His skill set is so improved and he still is very young. The guy had 20 boards at the H the other night.
Varejao is 30, and I highly doubt he ends the season on the Cavs.

I agree about Varejao, but all this stuff about fighting through screens is driving me nuts! You can go over a screen, you can go under a screen, you can switch a screen. Fighting through a screen is a foul! It's TV talk, not part of the game.

Ok, Irving and Waiters do none of the above. They just walk into the screen and then stay in no man's land until the possession is over.

I think they keep Varejao. They want high draft picks and the contenders don't have them. Need something to keep the fans around until they're ready to contend.

Ok, Irving and Waiters do none of the above. They just walk into the screen and then stay in no man's land until the possession is over.

it's a switch, but not a good one the switch player is late almost every time giving up a jump shot.

Irving and Varajeo have CAREER games and the Cavs still get blown out. Hopefully they can get another high lottery pick and add a piece that enjoys playing defense. Michael Kidd Gilchrist would probably be more compatible with Irving in their backcourt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom