Dion, KJO, Scoop and Melo avearged 32 spg last year for 41.5 ppg... | Syracusefan.com

Dion, KJO, Scoop and Melo avearged 32 spg last year for 41.5 ppg...

What is more likely??????????

• Total voters

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
I thought this would make a intersting poll. Hope you enjoy it, as it might help shed some more perspective for next year. I am interested to see how it turns out.

Usually 32 shots per game is a good amount of shots. For example, between just three players thats roughly 10.5 shots per game each.

Where do you think those 32 shots will go next year???

Most of the time you would think they would go to the senior players. BUT, there is a wrench in the system given how offensively ready DC2, MCW, and Cooney will be.

I think MCW and DC2 will average around 14 together (if DC2 is ready). MCW averaged 1 shot per game so we will be subtracting one of those shots later. And thats not counting foul shots from those two guys who will get to the line. I think Cooney will get around 5-5.5 early on.

So thats roughly 19 from the three . Subtracting 1 for MCW's 1 spg last year that leaves about
18 shots between the three of those 32. That gives us about 14 more to pass around between CJ, James, Triche, Rak, Baye, and Grant which isn't alot.

Especially considering Rak only averaged 2 shots per game last year. I would think hes up to atleast 5-6 this year. That means he takes 3-4 of those 14. leaving us with around 10-11.
I also think Baye will average more around 2-2.5 shots per game this year. He only averaged 1 spg last year. That puts us at about 9.

That leaves us with about 9 shots per game to share between...
CJ, James, Triche, and Grant (if he cracks the rotation).

Then you also have to add in things like the turnover factor(which we were really good in last year). The rebounding factor (offensive also)(which we were down in last year). Getting to the foul line more or less. Steals and transition opportunities off them. Stall ball from opponents. Hot jumpshooting early in the clock. And things like taking shots earlier/later in the shotclock to average less/more possessions per game.

That being said, those 32 shots could sway around 0-10 shots in either direction.

But getting back to the formula guessing we average around as many shots as last year...

That leaves Triche, James, and CJ and Grant with around 9 more shots per game to share.
Triche, James and CJ together averaged 21.6 mpg with CJ getting the most minutes at only 26 mpg.

They averaged 20 shots per game in those 21.6 minutes which is pretty darn good. Thats around 6.7 shots per game apiece. Realistically if you gave each of them 3 more shots that would put them around 9.7 spg.

These are just some possible observations.
Which is more likely???? Multiple awnsers welcomed.
What are your thoughts?????

wow .. my mind is spinning after reading that. I guess the season can't come fast enough ;)

That's the best poll question/post ever. I just voted for everything and took a tranquilizer.

this should be a question on who wants to be a millionaire.

id have to phone a friend.

That's the best poll question/post ever. I just voted for everything and took a tranquilizer.

A better poll would be which post made your eyes bleed more? This one or the su basketball offense one with pictures?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom