Dion playing some D! | Syracusefan.com

Dion playing some D!

I think Waiters will put on a nice show in the Rookies vs Sophomore game. Run and Gun. Final score will probably be 155-153 and Waiters will have about 40 points.

Yeah that will be his type of game, I think Dion is going great for recruiting. He has that "swag" to his game that kids love.

That play was definitely nice but he and Irving got really torched by Jarrett Jack/Klay Thompson (60 combined points). No Curry in that game either. Not that I'll watch that slop but I think the rookies will get crushed by the sophs this year.

That play was definitely nice but he and Irving got really torched by Jarrett Jack/Klay Thompson (60 combined points). No Curry in that game either. Not that I'll watch that slop but I think the rookies will get crushed by the sophs this year.

They mix the teams, Dion and Kyrie rarely play well together in the same game. It's an issue with that team.

They mix the teams, Dion and Kyrie rarely play well together in the same game. It's an issue with that team.

Ah, shows you how much I know about the NBA All Star wknd/bullshit. Yeah, I like Dion a ton but the Cavs botched this up. Waiters is a scoring PG in this league. They should've known that. It's a small backcourt with both of them in there at the same time. They can coexist but it will take more work. I think the Cavs should draft McLemore and have Waiters come off the bench like a sparkplug. The three of them could be on the floor together sometimes or to finish games. I also read that McLemore measured to be 6'5 in shoes at LBJ skills academy last summer so he definitely has adequate SG size which was questioned on here before. Get a better scoring SF through free agency or trade. Drafting Shabazz would be a mistake, imo.

Ah, shows you how much I know about the NBA All Star wknd/bullshit. Yeah, I like Dion a ton but the Cavs botched this up. Waiters is a scoring PG in this league. They should've known that. It's a small backcourt with both of them in there at the same time. They can coexist but it will take more work. I think the Cavs should draft McLemore and have Waiters come off the bench like a sparkplug. The three of them could be on the floor together sometimes or to finish games. I also read that McLemore measured to be 6'5 in shoes at LBJ skills academy last summer so he definitely has adequate SG size which was questioned on here before. Get a better scoring SF through free agency or trade. Drafting Shabazz would be a mistake, imo.

I like Kyrie off the ball and he is a great player but he doesn't think like a PG. It is very tough to win with a shoot first PG IMO. If the guy bringing the ball up the court is the guy shooting you get a lot of stagnant sets and unhappy teammate. Dion and Kyrie are both combo guards and that only works if you have a point forward (a phase I hate) who plays point guard on offense like Lebron, but the Cavs don't have that guy. If they draft a true PG and have Dion come off the bench it can work other than that I see one of those guys getting moved in the next 2 years, probably Dion. I need to watch more of McLemore before I can comment on his game.

Yeah, I hear ya Gabjon. Kyrie is a willing passer, though. He was passing WAY more when Varejao was playing. They have limited scoring so I think he has been in takeover mode lately. I have no problem with his offensive game. Freaking stud what he is doing.

Yeah, I hear ya Gabjon. Kyrie is a willing passer, though. He was passing WAY more when Varejao was playing. They have limited scoring so I think he has been in takeover mode lately. I have no problem with his offensive game. Freaking stud what he is doing.

I'm not saying he doesn't want to pass, it's just not his game. Their record with or without him is roughly the same this season. Everybody in the NBA can score not everybody can create their own shot. Kyrie can create his own shot, but to be a real PG you need to create shots for others. Kyrie does not create for others most of his assist come from sets, but when he is asked to make a play he is making one for himself. Melo is the same way that is how he was when he came into the league that is how he is today, but Melo is a forward and it's the guards role to decide to feed him or go another direction. When the scorer is the point guard it is much harder to learn when not to call your own number. Melo is a better passer now than 5-6 years ago, but that is not his strength and it is not Kyries' either. Like Melo I believe Kyrie will get better at it too, but there is a reason why the Cavs brought in Shaun Livington and why Dion is getting more run at the point.

Very nice block...happy to see some D out of him.

I'm not saying he doesn't want to pass, it's just not his game. Their record with or without him is roughly the same this season. Everybody in the NBA can score not everybody can create their own shot. Kyrie can create his own shot, but to be a real PG you need to create shots for others. Kyrie does not create for others most of his assist come from sets, but when he is asked to make a play he is making one for himself. Melo is the same way that is how he was when he came into the league that is how he is today, but Melo is a forward and it's the guards role to decide to feed him or go another direction. When the scorer is the point guard it is much harder to learn when not to call your own number. Melo is a better passer now than 5-6 years ago, but that is not his strength and it is not Kyries' either. Like Melo I believe Kyrie will get better at it too, but there is a reason why the Cavs brought in Shaun Livington and why Dion is getting more run at the point.

Yep...very good players can score...GREAT players can score and set up their teammates for easy scores, aka make others better. I'm not sure Kyrie makes his teammates better. He's not changing the culture like Lebron did.

I like Kyrie off the ball and he is a great player but he doesn't think like a PG. It is very tough to win with a shoot first PG IMO. If the guy bringing the ball up the court is the guy shooting you get a lot of stagnant sets and unhappy teammate. Dion and Kyrie are both combo guards and that only works if you have a point forward (a phase I hate) who plays point guard on offense like Lebron, but the Cavs don't have that guy. If they draft a true PG and have Dion come off the bench it can work other than that I see one of those guys getting moved in the next 2 years, probably Dion. I need to watch more of McLemore before I can comment on his game.
Interesting point. I wonder if Byron has thought of having Dion and Kyrie switch... let Dion bring the ball up and set up plays. This would take the pressure off Kyrie to handle. It would definitely be easier to Dion set Kyrie up than expecting Kyrie to rely so much on iso's.

Interesting point. I wonder if Byron has thought of having Dion and Kyrie switch... let Dion bring the ball up and set up plays. This would take the pressure off Kyrie to handle. It would definitely be easier to Dion set Kyrie up than expecting Kyrie to rely so much on iso's.

I watch all of the Cavs games being in the area. They definitely do this throughout a game. Cavs just need more playmakers in general.

I watch all of the Cavs games being in the area. They definitely do this throughout a game. Cavs just need more playmakers in general.
I wish I could see more games, so I'll have to rely on your reports. But the few times I've seen them, their offense seems to have a rotation of Irving/Waiters up top so both are setting up plays and looking for open guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom