Dion to start | Syracusefan.com

Dion to start

Hopefully Dion sticks around and starts in the NBA for a while... SU is in a slump after Carmelo

well done dion. ugh - we wasted so much talent.

Right, if he had played 6 more MPG all year...then he wouldn't have got in foul trouble and went 1-8 from the floor against Ohio State. And Fab Melo would've been eligible and we would've won it all.

Good job Dion. Beat out Alonzo Gee, who isn't even a SG. Kudos...

Good job Dion. Beat out Alonzo Gee, who isn't even a SG. Kudos...

Nice attitude you have about a former player of ours. I wish him the best and am excited he won the job.

PS- Gee is starting at small forward for the Cavs--so your sarcastic point doesn't make sense.

Here's to Dion being smart with the ball and busting his ass on defense, because if he doesn't he won't get PT for Byron Scott.

Nice attitude you have about a former player of ours. I wish him the best and am excited he won the job.

PS- Gee is starting at small forward for the Cavs--so your sarcastic point doesn't make sense.

Ok, then Gee beat out Miles for SF who Waiters then beat out for SG when Miles isn't even a SG lol. The point remains. He beat somebody out that was playing out of position.

Listen, I'm happy for him that he was able to be the 4th pick in the draft. I don't think he's going to live up to that draft spot. I hope he proves me wrong, but saying he beat out a SF for the starting SG spot isn't going to win me over anymore than pointing out that one game here and there where he goes 4/5 from 3 point range when he follows it up with an 0/3 the next game.

Hopefully he figures his game out, but I don't think people will ever look at that #4 pick and think that the Cavs knew exactly what they were doing.

Edit: I think for him to be successful, he's going to eventually have to fall into a 6th man role. Right now, the Cavaliers are bad enough that he's going to be counted on to be their #2 scorer most likely. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing for him.

Ok, then Gee beat out Miles for SF who Waiters then beat out for SG when Miles isn't even a SG lol. The point remains. He beat somebody out that was playing out of position.

Listen, I'm happy for him that he was able to be the 4th pick in the draft. I don't think he's going to live up to that draft spot. I hope he proves me wrong, but saying he beat out a SF for the starting SG spot isn't going to win me over anymore than pointing out that one game here and there where he goes 4/5 from 3 point range when he follows it up with an 0/3 the next game.

Hopefully he figures his game out, but I don't think people will ever look at that #4 pick and think that the Cavs knew exactly what they were doing.

4/5 + 0/3 is 50% shooting from 3pt range Ray Allen has never shot it that well. 6'-6" players are not SF in the NBA both Miles and Gee are 6'-6". Now I get they're not very good, but good teams don't pick 4th in the draft.

4/5 + 0/3 is 50% shooting from 3pt range Ray Allen has never shot it that well. 6'-6" players are not SF in the NBA both Miles and Gee are 6'-6". Now I get they're not very good, but good teams don't pick 4th in the draft.

...Right, but shooting 35% from the field is significantly worse than Ray Allen, especially when the majority of your shots aren't 3 pointers, which is what Waiters did in the pre-season. Meanwhile everyone here believes the ROTY is his for the taking... I just don't see that being the case, and I'd rather he have low expectations going in (coming off the bench, not being a top 5 pick) than everyone expecting him to light the world on fire when he really hasn't shown much yet besides a knack for playing passing lanes, finishing on fast breaks, and occasionally getting hot.

Everyone here sees him get hot for a game and go nuts and say he's going to tear it up in the NBA. I'm just saying I think the absolute best case scenario for him is last year's James Harden kind of production (but they're completely different players as Harden relies on his 3 point shooting while Waiters does not; play style wise, Waiter's is basically a clone of Rodney Stuckey if he continues his development).

Edit: And regarding Miles and Gee, I don't know how familiar you are with them, but they've been playing SF their entire career (Gee has played about the same # of minutes at each, while Miles has been primarily a SF). When the Cavs acquired Miles, they acquired a SF. And Gee spent the same # of minutes at SG and SF last year with the Cavs, and has always been regarded as a G/F.

http://www.fearthesword.com/2012/8/3/3218806/about-cj-miles

I'm just afraid that he'll never figure out how to play without the ball in his hands. Maybe watch some tape on Jason Terry or something.

I'm just afraid that he'll never figure out how to play without the ball in his hands. Maybe watch some tape on Jason Terry or something.

It took Jet a log time to become an efficient offensive player. Hopefully Dion figures it out sooner...he'll have to, with expectations in Cleveland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom