Dion Waiters, Kyrie Irving working on chemistry as Waiters adjusts to new role with Cavaliers | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters, Kyrie Irving working on chemistry as Waiters adjusts to new role with Cavaliers

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/dion-waiters-kyrie-irving-working-on-chemistry-as-waiters-adjusts-to-new-role-with-cavaliers-1.415444

In this article "Best/worst of Vegas Summer League" under "Who was the most disappointing veteran at Las Vegas Summer League?" it said this:

Elhassan: Dion Waiters looked like he wasn't taking the summer league experience very seriously. Instead of using this as an opportunity to grow his game, Waiters played lackadaisically and managed to shoot abysmal field goal, 3-point and free throw percentages.

A couple of more Dion offerings:

Dion Waiters - The Real Deal?

Dion Waiters is in a good place

The comments are not a lot different than those made while Dion was at Syracuse. Admittedly a talented player, Dion seems to have times when he just doesn't choose to put out the effort he is capable of when things aren't going his way.

In Dion's defense, he started off slowly and came on at the end! You have to realize that Dion is still very young and had his first NBA season and off-season. Dion even said in an interview that he was told by the coaching staff to work on specific things along with getting back in game shape. I honestly thought he looked really good.

In all honesty I can't fault Dion too much for not being overly motivated this summer league. He was the 4th pick in the draft, played really well as the season progressed last year and is now again on the proving grounds. I understand the importance for younger players who struggled in their first year to get back out there in the summer league but for those that did well - I don't see a whole lot of value to throw them out there. Once the real competition kicks in gear I look for Dion to show that he has continued to mature.

Coach K states "I'm not going to do individual assessments of each player. We're watching everybody. I'm not going to be a school teacher and give one guy an 'A' and another guy a 'B,'"
Perhaps he should get the gang from the Post Standard to grade the team.

In all honesty I can't fault Dion too much for not being overly motivated this summer league. He was the 4th pick in the draft, played really well as the season progressed last year and is now again on the proving grounds. I understand the importance for younger players who struggled in their first year to get back out there in the summer league but for those that did well - I don't see a whole lot of value to throw them out there. Once the real competition kicks in gear I look for Dion to show that he has continued to mature.

I hear this but I don't like how he pouts and sulks to the refs when things don't go his way. Don't like it. He does this often. He has plenty of doubters including the David Thorpes of the world so not to play hard and seriously on a regular basis is not a good idea. He has plenty of improvement to do on D and with shot selection.

I hear this but I don't like how he pouts and sulks to the refs when things don't go his way. Don't like it. He does this often. He has plenty of doubters including the David Thorpes of the world so not to play hard and seriously on a regular basis is not a good idea. He has plenty of improvement to do on D and with shot selection.

I don't disagree with any of your comments. It would be great if all 2nd year players were required to participate in the Summer League. Would help the competition levels significantly and add a bit more pride. Dion unfortunately is joining the all to familiar ranks of bad call pouters. Its an epidemic in the league these days.

I don't disagree with any of your comments. It would be great if all 2nd year players were required to participate in the Summer League. Would help the competition levels significantly and add a bit more pride. Dion unfortunately is joining the all to familiar ranks of bad call pouters. Its an epidemic in the league these days.

And I'm not saying I don't like his game and think he had a pretty nice rookie year overall. I almost feel he would be better elsewhere as a primary PG. Brown now views him as a SG exclusively, apparently.

And I'm not saying I don't like his game and think he had a pretty nice rookie year overall. I almost feel he would be better elsewhere as a primary PG. Brown now views him as a SG exclusively, apparently.

he is definitely a better combo guard than strictly a 2. personally i think he would be a great fit in LA playing with and learning from CP3