Dion Waiters will be Rookie of the Year | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters will be Rookie of the Year

I think not playing will this summer was a blessing in disguise for Dion. It's that chip on his shoulder that drives him!

I don't think its even a question. Dion should be 2/1 to win ROY. Dion is going to play 30+ minutes on a bad team where he will be able to shoot to his heart's content. MKG and Davis play different games and will have to get their sea legs. Dion gets to step in and be the same guy he was at SU, just playing more minutes.

The bandwagon seems to have run off course along with Dion's shooting percentage...

I hope he keeps it above 40%... but ROY hopes have been dashed.

The bandwagon seems to have run off course along with Dion's shooting percentage...

LOL! he when 7-8 from the line with 4 of his shots blocked. Scott stated last week he wanted Dion driving the ball more so he is working on it. ROY is decided until the second half of the season. Today is his first real game as a pro in Philly 6pm on NBA TV for those interested. Let's hope it goes well!

I wouldn't say its decided yet. I agree that he is in a great spot with excellent opportunity but it will all depend on what he does with that opportunity. he will have to sore a lot to overcome Davis' overall game IMO as well as help Cleveland at least compete for the final playoff spot until late in the season.

I'm a huge Dion fan and think he will be a very good NBA player for many years but some seasons the rookie of the year is an uphill climb when one guy is a huge favorite going in. Melo put up numbers that were basically equal to Lebron. both were on teams that sucked the prior season. Melo's team went to the playoffs in the much harder conference. Lebron's team was pretty bad yet he won ROY.

Do you always make reactionary, hyperbolic posts in November when discussing the NBA? Between your Knicks "freight train of greatness" claims, and now this...I think you need to slow down and realize just how long the season is. There's 70 something games to go!

Do you always make reactionary, hyperbolic posts in November when discussing the NBA? Between your Knicks "freight train of greatness" claims, and now this...I think you need to slow down and realize just how long the season is. There's 70 something games to go!

What fun is it, being level-headed about everything? This is sports... not my stock portfolio.. :)

cleveland needs to ditch that dated CAVALIERS moniker and change it to the CLEVELAND BLOODHOUNDZ. WOOOF!

At the moment, it's Lillard and Davis, then a huge drop off, Waiters, an even huger dropoff, and everybody else.

I don't think its even a question. Dion should be 2/1 to win ROY. Dion is going to play 30+ minutes on a bad team where he will be able to shoot to his heart's content. MKG and Davis play different games and will have to get their sea legs. Dion gets to step in and be the same guy he was at SU, just playing more minutes.

No this is absurd. Dion is one of the worst defenders, right now, in the NBA. He has great hands and tools (other than height) to be a great defender, but he is atrocious at present. His block and steal rates are also down, as his athleticism has not yet translated to the man-to-man schemes. He will get it, but not in time to beat on the obvious rookie of the year Davis. Not really close. Great for Dion to be in the conversation though. My buddy Dave Lewin was thrilled to get him in with the Cavs, but then took off to coach KJO and Fab over in Boston.

For those that are interested, the Cavs are on NBA TV tonight at 6 against the 76ers.

For those that are interested, the Cavs are on NBA TV tonight at 6 against the 76ers.

I'm just going to pretend this game never happened. 1-9 with 0 rebounds, 0 assists through 3Q. Yowsa.

I'm just going to pretend this game never happened. 1-9 with 0 rebounds, 0 assists through 3Q. Yowsa.
Dion finished 2-13 in 31 minutes. Ouch. Funny thing is that the team lost by seven points. All nine guys who played for the Cavs had a negative +/- rating. Dion was -3 which was one of the better ones. He wasn't the only one who stunk up the joint.

What I have noticed in the couple Cavs game that I have watched this season is that he has stretches where he is almost invisible. Like today he had zero assists and zero rebounds. As we all know, a dead guy could have gotten the same amount. He has to show more in 31 minutes than that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012111820

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom