Dion... | Syracusefan.com

Dion...

RMH44

All American
JB can talk all he wants about Dion's confidence being in tact but his play shows otherwise. It has even effected his free throws. He's lost his swag.

Basically, we won today without Dion or Fab. They were both MIA and Kris wasn't far behind them. Thank God for Scoop and CJ.

Kris had 14 didn't he?

He also had the huge putback after a Scoop missed layup to put us up 4 with about 3 minutes left

Dion has not looked good the past few games...his drives have not finished; his shooting isnt that good; he isnt getting assts and boards; frankly I am surprised he is getting so much time...I know JB thinks he can go off at any time...but lately, he is not the second best guard

JB can talk all he wants about Dion's confidence being in tact but his play shows otherwise. It has even effected his free throws. He's lost his swag.

Basically, we won today without Dion or Fab. They were both MIA and Kris wasn't far behind them. Thank God for Scoop and CJ.

Hate to be a negative Nancy, but I would even go as far as to say we won today in spite of Waiters. He was terrible.

Dion has not looked good the past few games...his drives have not finished; his shooting isnt that good; he isnt getting assts and boards; frankly I am surprised he is getting so much time...I know JB thinks he can go off at any time...but lately, he is not the second best guard
Waiters has more of a leash than Triche, but it's not like Brandon has forced JB"s hand lately either...

KJO shot 5-10 for 14 points 5 rebounds a steal and a block not to bad.

Kris was okay on the offensive end. Hit a couple threes, had a couple nice plays around the rim. He still stands around a bit, but his biggest issues were his dribbling (two terrible turnovers) and his inability to rebound on the defensive end.

KJO shot 5-10 for 14 points 5 rebounds a steal and a block not to bad.
Understood but he seems to sleep walk at times against inferior opponents. He could have doubled his stats with a lilttle more "want to".

JB knows we need Dion to be Dion to go deep in the tourny. Hopefully he'll get back his mojo soon.

If it humbles him it's a good thing.

He's still a kid. Last year he was egotistical and felt like everything should just be given to him. He didn't feel the love and realized he had to change his ways to succeed. He grew this year but it's foolish to think he didn't still have some ego with him.

He was overconfident, now all of a sudden he's struggling. He's questioning his worldview. He'll only grow from this and perhaps learn that strutting around the court only gets you so far.

I think Coach is trying to let Dion play through this slump. He's too good of a player not to come out of it. And when he does we will be unstoppable. I'm happy waiting for March.

Why play a guy who's not doing well when you have two other players with equal ability. This team was good because of it's depth. There was no drop-off between the starters and second string. Earlier we essentially had platoons the second string would come in and extend th lead. Sorry but now JB is taking away this teams greatest advantage by not playing more guys. He's also effecting the confidence of some players in the process

Game footage might help. Dion needs to go back watch the tapes remember the shots he made.

I am all for starting MCW right now just to give Triche and Dion a push. Let them battle to decide who is first off the bench. It could light a fire under them.

Game footage might help. Dion needs to go back watch the tapes remember the shots he made.

I am all for starting MCW right now just to give Triche and Dion a push. Let them battle to decide who is first off the bench. It could light a fire under them.
Dumbest post of the year nominee.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Dion is a very explosive player with a real upside, but he needs to develop a consistent jump shot and concentration on the defensive, and a better handle before he goes to the NBA. He looks like a D-Leaguer all day long to me.

JB knows we need Dion to be Dion to go deep in the tourny. Hopefully he'll get back his mojo soon.
That would be the prevailing wisdom but there is a reason we are 27-1. Our depth and it's not overrated. One thing that we have found out this season is that we need everyone to play but not everyone to contribute. Except for when Fab missed games, JB has figured out how to split up the minutes.

Did you forget to put in the little winking emoticon? Or are you just nuts?

Another aspect of Dion's game that has fallen off, he seems to have forgotten how to drive and DISH.

Look we were great earlier because we wore other teams down with our depth. We brought in another fresh body that was as good as the guy he replaced. It made the defense very strong and made us difficult to defend because we had so many answers. Say what you want but the coach has taken that part away. Don't tell me the players got worse because they didn't. The truth is that jb doesn't like to play more than 7 guys no matter what. We are loaded with very talented players that deserve to play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom