Dion's spin move | Syracusefan.com

Dion's spin move

Eric15

Living Legend
I absolutely love when Dion is coming down full speed on a fast break with only one defender in front of him, and every Syracuse fan on the planet knows exactly what he's going to do... fake power dribble left, freeze the defender, spin move right off the glass. You can just picture him pulling that exact same unguardable move on a Philly playground reminiscent of the opening credits of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and then slapping the backboard.

Every time he makes that move, I shriek in excitement like a weirdo and whomever is with me looks at me like I'm crazy.

Nice follow by Triche last night when he missed on that move but I agree eao it's an awesome move to watch

I'm in the same boat.. usually jump up.. Really wish he would have pulled off that thunder dunk!

My son used that spin move on a fast break in his playoff game last weekend. The big man had no idea what happened to him. As his coach, I was shocked he did it...and blown away that he maintained the control to score. Needless to say his teammates call him Dion now.

That move in particular was tremendous last night as it took the charge out of play on several occasions. I thought this was key as it could have been a net -6 or more points if we charged. KJ had a nice side-step one or two times as well. Hats off to JB and the staff, there was obviously some solid coaching done in this area.

i love it too but he too often takes the ball up, never passes, and makes his own shot......sometimes he makes and sometime he doesn't

i love it too but he too often takes the ball up, never passes, and makes his own shot......sometimes he makes and sometime he doesn't

huh? Like when he didn't pass to CJ on the break for the dunk in the first half that single handidly got CJ out of his 6 game funk??

Surprised more teams haven't taken a charge on this yet. Very easy to do.

I'm in the same boat.. usually jump up.. Really wish he would have pulled off that thunder dunk!
it kind of worked out better that he didn't though

huh? Like when he didn't pass to CJ on the break for the dunk in the first half that single handidly got CJ out of his 6 game funk??

that was nice no doubt, but i saw a bit of selfish dion a few times when he jacked early in the shot clock....i think we are talking about two different things

Dion's game last night screamed NBA. The spin move was excellent, and he had a couple of fade away stand still jumper that were so pretty. He looked like DWade out there at times.

Enjoy him now, because he is SO gone.

it kind of worked out better that he didn't though
I understand what you're saying, but disagree... had that connected, the team would have went nuts.. energy from the fans and players after that would have probably pushed the lead further out.