Winfred Walton
Donte Greene
Josh Wright
Dayshawn Wright
Conrad McRae
Leron Ellis
Anthony Carter

Harris, not Carter?

If so, he'd be at the top of my list - the headliner of that 1991 class; way more hyped than Moten.

Add Craig Forth (highly regarded in 2001) and the two 2004 bigs (though I love Roberts for his senior year and think both were valuable Syracuse guys, neither had a career that matched his high school reputation), and that's my list.

Harris, not Carter?

If so, he'd be at the top of my list - the headliner of that 1991 class; way more hyped than Moten.

Add Craig Forth (highly regarded in 2001) and the two 2004 bigs (though I love Roberts for his senior year and think both were valuable Syracuse guys, neither had a career that matched his high school reputation), and that's my list.

Yeah, I think you're right. Anthony Harris.

I think Mookie and Terrence Roberts turned out OK. They were 4 star players, along with Nichols (and McCrosky!). Louie is the over-rated one in that group.

I think Forth was an upgrade over Billy Celuk and Jeremy McNeil, but not by a lot. Mostly he was a very good teammate, and blended into those teams well. He, like Gerry, never really improved that much. That's the biggest disappointment. But Craig was not very fluid running down the floor, with that shuffle of his. Nobody confused him with Tyson Chandler (and yes, I remember that AUU story).

I think Mookie and Terrence Roberts turned out OK. They were 4 star players, along with Nichols (and McCrosky!). Louie is the over-rated one in that group.

I think Forth was an upgrade over Billy Celuk and Jeremy McNeil, but not by a lot. Mostly he was a very good teammate, and blended into those teams well. He, like Gerry, never really improved that much. That's the biggest disappointment. But Craig was not very fluid running down the floor, with that shuffle of his. Nobody confused him with Tyson Chandler (and yes, I remember that AUU story).
Performance/ talent , Jeremy produced based on the skills he possessed. 5 blocks 5 points 5 fouls, maybe not those exact numbers but hes def one of my top 5 fav players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Performance/ talent , Jeremy produced based on the skills he possessed. 5 blocks 5 points 5 fouls, maybe not those exact numbers but hes def one of my top 5 fav players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

How can a walk on be considered a disappointment?
Just Igor being Igor.

images

LeRon Ellis is the big one to me, He was a 16 ppg player at Kentucky, and he pretty much stunk his first year at Cuse. Obviously he wasn't going to score as much on a team with Owens and Coleman already in the frontcourt, but I just remember him missing a lot of layups and easy shots.

He played a lot better his senior year at least.

I'll make 2 lists, I'll go from the National Championship game until now.

Disappointing players:

C: Darryl Watkins (NBA body, 4 star recruit, had all the tools.)
F: Terrence Roberts (4 star recruit, regression or lack of improvement from his Jr. to Sr. year puts him on my list)
F: Mookie Jones (big recruit coming in, made more noise being recruited than he did on the court for us)
G: Louis McCrosky (3rd player on the list from that epic 2003 recruiting class, no commentary needed)
G: Josh Wright (Never saw anything about him I liked when we were recruiting him, small point guard who didn't pass and only scoring option was by driving the lane against local upstate NY high school players. If you couldn't see he was going to get beat up in college basketball you would have to be blind, not sure why we even recruited him.

Overrated players:

C: Craig Forth (Sorry, you can say he was a great picker on the pick and roll, but he was a big man with no hands, couldn't rebound, couldn't score, couldn't block shots, and was slow as hell getting down the court. I'll never be convinced he is as good as people make him out to be.
PF: Kristof Ongenaet (He was valuable to us, but heart, hustle, and grinding it out isn't everything in this game. It's something, but it isn't everything.)
SF: Kris Joseph (Solid career here, after his amazing soph. year he looked like he was ready for the big time, made some strides his junior year but I believe he regressed his senior year when the team was his to have.)
G: Brandon Triche (Not a bad player at all. Thought he was excellent on the defensive end but on offense I couldn't stand him. Nothing worse than seeing the Jr. or Sr. Triche making freshman mistakes, missing WIDE open 3's, blowing layups while being triple teamed when he should have dished. Again, not a bad player but the fans around town made it sound like he was a god to Orange hoops which I just feel is insanely inaccurate.)
G: Gerry McNamara (Great player, clutch player, ice in his veins, left it all on the court. Even with all of that the fans of Syracuse have their hero and I don't have a problem with it, they just overrate the guy. The numbers themselves show it, you can tell me 100 times that 'OMGF HE HIT 6 THREES IN THE FIRST HALF, BUZZER BEATERS, GRIT, HEART, this that... blah blah, I get it. How about the games where he turned the ball over too often, played pedestrian defense and missed many other key shots during games, those moments are very easily forgotten when a buzzer beater wins the game for us. Gerry could have gone 0-20 from the field for the first 39 minutes 59 seconds of the game and hit a 3 to win it and be known as a hero. I just don't think that's right.)

I'll make 2 lists, I'll go from the National Championship game until now.

Disappointing players:

C: Darryl Watkins (NBA body, 4 star recruit, had all the tools.)
F: Terrence Roberts (4 star recruit, regression or lack of improvement from his Jr. to Sr. year puts him on my list)...

Tearing a meniscus in the second game and playing out the year without surgery will do that.

There are a few ways in which Roberts could have disappointed fans, but what he did his senior year was admirable.