Disney announces ESPN Plus | Syracusefan.com

Disney announces ESPN Plus

So, as long as the ACC network continues to exist, and streams on watchespn (or one day it's own platform?) this really doesn't mean much to us as far as Cuse games right?

I mean, if I had to stream all our games via firstrow or something I'd be super pumped about this, but I watch all our games for free on the espn app already. Why would I pay $4.99/ month?

So, as long as the ACC network continues to exist, and streams on watchespn (or one day it's own platform?) this really doesn't mean much to us as far as Cuse games right?

I mean, if I had to stream all our games via firstrow or something I'd be super pumped about this, but I watch all our games for free on the espn app already. Why would I pay $4.99/ month?

This streaming service is pointless and will crash out shortly. This doesn't replace the espn watch app this just adds to it via a different platform that gives you access to 30 for 30 and other original content.

Do you have cable? I don't, so I pay for Sling ($25/month) plus $15 to get ESPN/ACC & Disney, but not ESPNU (that's extra, grr). I drop the ESPN package outside of college basketball seasons anyway. With this, I can drop the ESPN package on Sling, and save $10 a month* by just getting ESPN.

* That's $120/year which translates into 13 beers at the dome.

Do you have cable? I don't, so I pay for Sling ($25/month) to get (plus $15) to get ESPN/ACC & Disney, but not ESPNU (that's extra, grr). I drop the ESPN package outside of college basketball seasons anyway. With this, I can drop the ESPN package on Sling, and save $10 a month by just getting ESPN.

We dropped cable a while ago, but I cheat and use my mother's direct TV info for my watchespn login.

Makes sense from your point of view tho!

Do you have cable? I don't, so I pay for Sling ($25/month) plus $15 to get ESPN/ACC & Disney, but not ESPNU (that's extra, grr). I drop the ESPN package outside of college basketball seasons anyway. With this, I can drop the ESPN package on Sling, and save $10 a month* by just getting ESPN.

* That's $120/year which translates into 13 beers at the dome.

My understanding is that it wont have live games which is pointless. I use sling and my parents cable login to watch espn.

So I just realized that the espn app (at least on apple tv) has a crap ton of 30 for 30's on demand. Is this new?

My understanding is that it wont have live games which is pointless. I use sling and my parents cable login to watch espn.
gotcha.
Notably, this confirms that ESPN Plus will not provide live access to ESPN’s main channels like ESPN and ESPN2 – you’ll still need a cable subscription to authenticate and watch.
Yeah, this is pointless.

gotcha.

Yeah, this is pointless.
How much of your cable subscription goes to ESPN/Disney. If it is around that $5 mark, Disney will wait and see how Plus does, they could very well pull out of cable. Heck CBS all access charges $5.99 for their service (9.99 for no or limited comericals). Thats for live tv, old tv and original programs. Could see very well that Disney go in that direction.

If it runs better than the current piece of crap WatchESPN app, I'd pay $49.99/month.