Dixon and USC | Syracusefan.com

Dixon and USC

For as good as he's been at Pitt, they could bring in Antigua and really step up recruiting tenfold. Whether he has the game coaching chops is another matter.

This is excellent news we get to avoid our yearly whoopings by Pitt and Hopkins stays here.

USC is just copying UCLA's blue print and take Pitts coach. I Love it!

Some interesting speculation at the end of that story.

Dixon thinks Pitt recruiting may take a hit in ACC?

Writer seems to think that Pitt may have trouble recruiting Northeast kids to play in what's basically a southern conference.

Hmmmm.

Writer seems to think that Pitt may have trouble recruiting Northeast kids to play in what's basically a southern conference.

Hmmmm.
Yeah but it's relative.

Where will these Northeast kids go then? The "new" Big East? Not much difference between Milwaukee and Winston-Salem. It'd be one thing if we were leaving and the Big East would still be intact, then recruiting would be tougher. But I think kids would rather play at Cameron Indoor than at the Dunkin Donuts Center. I guess it's possible that some of these might look at Big 10 schools more than they would have if the Big East still existed, but I think our recruiting will be even better than it is now once we get to the ACC (depending on the JB situation of course)

Dixon is one radiation experiment gone awry away from being the next comic book super-villain. The eastern time zone would only be improved by his absence.

Hmmmm.

Yeah, because kids don't want to play against Duke.

He's building his escape strategy, or bargaining chip to Pitt.

Yeah but it's relative.

Where will these Northeast kids go then? The "new" Big East? Not much difference between Milwaukee and Winston-Salem. It'd be one thing if we were leaving and the Big East would still be intact, then recruiting would be tougher. But I think kids would rather play at Cameron Indoor than at the Dunkin Donuts Center. I guess it's possible that some of these might look at Big 10 schools more than they would have if the Big East still existed, but I think our recruiting will be even better than it is now once we get to the ACC (depending on the JB situation of course)

Key is to overload on marquee non conference Northeast road games.

Hmmmm.

The ironic thing about this alleged southern conference is that over the years, an abundance of its top players have come from the northeast.

You guys do realize that the guy in this story has no clue what he is talking about. Everyone says Dixon is a West Coast guy. Dixon has been in Pittsburgh for 14 years now and as far as he says his family loves it there. His parents are from New York. That west coast guy thing is getting old. He has already turned down USC, Oregon, and apparently Arizona. Why would he go to USC after he already turned them down?

That recruiting worry is bullshit. Basketball is the sport where recruits are most likely to go cross country, let alone the other side of a region.

Hmmmm.

The ACC has become the Northeast's one and only major athletics conference. If you long for an era that passed over a decade ago and want a conference that is exclusively Northeastern, go watch the Patriot League.

It all really comes down to if Dixon wants the job, or will use it as leverage at Pitt for a new contract.

The ACC has become the Northeast's one and only major athletics conference. If you long for an era that passed over a decade ago and want a conference that is exclusively Northeastern, go watch the Patriot League.

I wouldn't call the ACC a Northeast conference. As far as I'm concerned, the Northeast no longer has a major conference. Syracuse, Pitt and BC will be in one conference. Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland will be in another conference. And UConn, Temple and Cincy will be in their own conference.

Any conference that plays its basketball tourney in Greensboro isn't a Northeast conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk