Class of 2024 - DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game

Where was Syracuse mentioned and by whom?
In that article linked above, because Steve Wiltfong mentioned Syracuse as a possible destination due to Nick Williams being his original recruiter at Colorado.

Where was Syracuse mentioned and by whom?
1707257458945.jpeg

National Signing Day: Top 10 uncommitted college football recruits in 2024 class

In that article linked above, because Steve Wiltfong mentioned Syracuse as a possible destination due to Nick Williams being his original recruiter at Colorado.
That's a pretty loose connection. Honestly I'd be surprised if we pursued.

He only has offers from Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Auburn, FSU, Georgia, Michigan ... and a ton more. I guess we'll take him.
How is he only 3 stars on all sites? Not that it matters.

He only has offers from Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Auburn, FSU, Georgia, Michigan ... and a ton more. I guess we'll take him.
Interesting if true. He was a Nick Williams Colorado commit around a year ago but got into some serious troubles. Nothing really information wise regarding him on the recruiting scene since then. He was a solid 4 star recruit at that poin but has dropped since obviously.

https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...o-football-commit-omar-white-charges-shooting

If this is true that we’re looking at giving him a second chance, you’d have ton assume Fran did a deep dive on the situation and the kid personally but it certainly sounds like he made some bad decisions in that event.

Last edited:
Wiltfong doesnt usually just say things. Also wouldn't necessarily consider following your lead recruiter at a school previously committed to as loose. who knows though, could be nothing.
Agreed. It all makes a lot of sense for Omar. We just don’t know if the situation makes sense for Fran.

He was a top 100 recruit who everybody wanted when he committed to Colorado in Dec 2022. March 2023 he was charged in a shooting and didn’t play his senior year at all. Rivals dropped him like a rock as a result while the other services also downgraded him but not as severely. But I can’t find any information on him after he was charged in March 2023. Like the guy completely fell off the face of the Earth. Can’t even find the results of the case he was charged in.

Who knows the circumstances? Also, despite the accusations, do you penalize a kid for something he did when he was 16-17? I’m sure Nick Williams wouldn’t take a chance on him if he didn’t think he would be a good fit.

Actually was able to find this thread with none other than our JarHead Jim posting in it lol.

Looks like he was released on bond in early June but GA has a law in place that anyone charged with a felony can’t play high school sports at a traditional school. So that explains him not playing as a Senior this fall.

He was a top 100 recruit who everybody wanted when he committed to Colorado in Dec 2022. March 2023 he was charged in a shooting and didn’t play his senior year at all. Rivals dropped him like a rock as a result while the other services also downgraded him but not as severely. But I can’t find any information on him after he was charged in March 2023. Like the guy completely fell off the face of the Earth. Can’t even find the results of the case he was charged in.
From what I could find previously the case is still pending. I believe he has been on house arrest with ankle bracelet the entire school year so who knows if he’ll even graduate. It is interesting that Wiltfong would drop this randomly but I’d be very surprised if something happened with us at the moment. If it comes out that he gets cleared then maybe we move here but could also see Fran not wanting to be involved.

Fwiw one of his Twitter followers is our new GM McNeal but not sure if that is new or from his time at Illinois. Erob and Nick Williams follow him Ofcourse but they both had been recruiting him all along.

From what I could find previously the case is still pending. I believe he has been on house arrest with ankle bracelet the entire school year so who knows if he’ll even graduate. It is interesting that Wiltfong would drop this randomly but I’d be very surprised if something happened with us at the moment. If it comes out that he gets cleared then maybe we move here but could also see Fran not wanting to be involved.

Fwiw one of his Twitter followers is our new GM McNeal but not sure if that is new or from his time at Illinois. Erob and Nick Williams follow him Ofcourse but they both had been recruiting him all along.
Yeah Twitter follows are hard to gauge because we’ve had so much movement with new staff members. Even guys coming from the pros are tricky because some of them were coaching in college still when some of the portal kids were HS JRs and SRs.

Were the charges dropped.
Interesting if true. He was a Nick Williams Colorado commit around a year ago but got into some serious troubles. Nothing really information wise regarding him on the recruiting scene since then. He was a solid 4 star recruit at that poin but has dropped since obviously.

https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...o-football-commit-omar-white-charges-shooting

If this is true that we’re looking at giving him a second chance, you’d have ton assume Fran did a deep dive on the situation and the kid personally but it certainly sounds like he made some bad decisions in that event.
Were the charges dismissed? The last DL we took a chance on was Alton Robinson. That worked out.

Hard pass on someone possibly involved in a shooting

Hard to believe it is still pending and there has not been an indictment or disposition.
Edit: In Ga. anyone under 18 is a juvenile. Perhaps this is sealed or some other protective measure is in place due to age.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm all for taking a chance on a top 100 talent. Whatever happened would have been cleared enough to be eligible and he hasn't had trouble since. Worth the gamble.