Class of 2024 - DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game

Yeah I'm all for taking a chance on a top 100 talent. Whatever happened would have been cleared enough to be eligible and he hasn't had trouble since. Worth the gamble.
With the way we have been recruiting recently we no longer need to take the risk with a recruit like this

Yeah I'm all for taking a chance on a top 100 talent. Whatever happened would have been cleared enough to be eligible and he hasn't had trouble since. Worth the gamble.
Well from what we know I can't see how we as fans can say its worth the gamble. We just have to assume Fran and the staff know enough to make a good decision. This staff seems smart, i'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.

NO NO NO Sorry to be a Buzz kill but he is nothing but trouble. Went to my local High School (Lee County Ga). Was a total Bully in School. He would beat on kids half his size. His teammates couldn't stand him because he wouldn't put any effort into practices. He was kicked off the team after his So year. He had 11 write ups in the 1st 3 month of his So year He transferred to Valdosta Georgia. Last spring he was involved in a shooting and shott one of his teammates Eric Brantley (Colorado). He spent 5 Months in Jail for Aggravated Assault. I thought the charges were still pending. He didn't play his senior season.

On the plus side if he gets his stuff together, he is supper talented. He has the quickest first step I have ever seen from a HS football player. He would be an impact player from day one.

Don't shoot the messenger.

NO NO NO Sorry to be a Buzz kill but he is nothing but trouble. Went to my local High School (Lee County Ga). Was a total Bully in School. He would beat on kids half his size. His teammates couldn't stand him because he wouldn't put any effort into practices. He was kicked off the team after his So year. He had 11 write ups in the 1st 3 month of his So year He transferred to Valdosta Georgia. Last spring he was involved in a shooting and shott one of his teammates Eric Brantley (Colorado). He spent 5 Months in Jail for Aggravated Assault. I thought the charges were still pending. He didn't play his senior season.

On the plus side if he gets his stuff together, he is supper talented. He has the quickest first step I have ever seen from a HS football player. He would be an impact player from day one.

Well, this changes my opinion

Doesn’t sound like a Fran recruit. We do darts not bullets.

Anyone else, while reading this thread, find themselves whistling The Farmer in the Dell?
I mean I am all for giving kids a 2nd chance even some a 3rd but this one just sounds to big a risk but at the end of the day, not my job and I don't have to deal with the issue when it becomes one. I am all for improving the talent and taking a couple flyers but within reason.

Wow that’s great intel. I was all for a second chance assuming there were complicated circumstances around the shooting. Things aren’t always so simple when these issues come up but if it’s true he bullied kids and didn’t work hard then I say we take a pass.

If this was the Shafer era maybe but I don’t think we need the help on the DL this bad.

Let him go JuCo prove himself and go from there.

I mean I am all for giving kids a 2nd chance even some a 3rd but this one just sounds to big a risk but at the end of the day, not my job and I don't have to deal with the issue when it becomes one. I am all for improving the talent and taking a couple flyers but within reason.

Yeah... sounds like playing with fire.

Have to trust the coaches, but...

Alton Ford felt like a completely different situation. He was a squeaky clean kid who had one dumb incident. And because he had no prior history of any issues, giving the second chance was justifiable. Good kid who did a bad / dumb thing that wasn't too egregious, and was an isolated incident that was out of character.

This feels qualitatively different.

That is too bad. Sounds like the kid has already had a lot of chances and blown them all.

Really value your opinion Jim, especially being so close to this.

Hard pass for me, not that my vote counts for anything...

Umm, hard pass here

Doesn’t sound like a Fran recruit. We do darts not bullets.
Yeah he is trying to build a culture, this isn’t some kid who shoplifted, there are serious allegations against him and based on what Jim said, you want that kind of character in your locker room in year 1? And who in their right mind would think this university, who is afraid of their own shadow, would be fine with this kid being enrolled?

Some nobody posting whatever comes to mind on twitter is "interesting"?

Probably read the same Wiltfong article as the people on this board.
Sorry it doesn’t reach your standards for “interesting” there chief. Christ.

Also, the account has a few thousand followers and seems to follow Colorado football recruiting pretty closely. It’s not some random DonMac11666 bot with 11 followers.

Last edited:
I just trust the staff and coach Nick who has had a relationship with the kid for years. If they pass... I'll trust it's the right call. If they decide to bring him in after getting to know him better than any of us will from a couple twitter opinions... then I trust he can grow into a valued part of the team.

If he can shoot maybe he can suit up for Red:)
happy gilmore no GIF