Votes: 4 12.9%
  • The Minnesota game was a must win

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I already moved on to Basketball

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

CU44SE

All Conference
This game tonight is critical for the rest of our season. We haven't got off to the start that we would have liked this year. Most of us were hoping for a 3-1 or even 2-2 start, but we are 1-3. If we lose tonight, there is no possible way we can right the ship. We would be 1-4, 0-1 in the conference, and we would have a loss to every D1 team we played. I believe it would be all downhill from here. At some point it starts to become a culture of losing. It is like an avalanche, and the loses continue to pile up. Hopefully the coaching staff took full advantage of the bye week to correct the penalties and turnovers. If we win tonight, I do still believe we can rally and contend in the Big East. Lets hope thats the case, Go Cuse!

Unless, of course, we lose tonight and win the rest of the games. :p

It does seem like a "do or die" game, but we won't know for certain until we are further into the season. That said, it's a definite "must-win" game.;)

this isnt a do or die game. we would all like a win here, but they can still right the ship if we don't win. we need to see mistakes fixed and progress. its all good chicken little.

We've said "this isn't a must-win" three times already. At some point you need to post a W on your schedule. This is a must-win IMO, especially since we are home and have had a week to prepare.

We've said "this isn't a must-win" three times already. At some point you need to post a W on your schedule. This is a must-win IMO, especially since we are home and have had a week to prepare.
Exactly. We can wait until we have six losses before anything is a true must win but we don't want that kind of uphill fight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

this isnt a do or die game. we would all like a win here, but they can still right the ship if we don't win. we need to see mistakes fixed and progress. its all good chicken little.

You don't think winning 1 game sense last october (against a championship subdivision team) will have any effect on the players? I respectfully disagree. Not only will the players feel down, but the fans will erupt and Doug Marrone will definitely be on the Hot Seat. Then thats all the media and fans will talk about, the players hear that kind of stuff. Im in support of Doug because I know what the program was like when he got here. You cant change that overnight, and I understand that. People are sick of waiting though, and they had high hopes for this season. You need to have the players buy into the program, and believe they can win. Im not sure that can happen with everyone calling for Doug's head, and Im positive that will happen if we lose this game tonight. That is why I believe this game is so critical, it is another lost season if we lose this game tonight. It is a conference game, national television, at home. You cant give away conference home games, This is our game to win! GO CUSE

You don't think winning 1 game sense last october (against a championship subdivision team) will have any effect on the players? I respectfully disagree. Not only will the players feel down, but the fans will erupt and Doug Marrone will definitely be on the Hot Seat. Then thats all the media and fans will talk about, the players hear that kind of stuff. Im in support of Doug because I know what the program was like when he got here. You cant change that overnight, and I understand that. People are sick of waiting though, and they had high hopes for this season. You need to have the players buy into the program, and believe they can win. Im not sure that can happen with everyone calling for Doug's head, and Im positive that will happen if we lose this game tonight. That is why I believe this game is so critical, it is another lost season if we lose this game tonight. It is a conference game, national television, at home. You cant give away conference home games, This is our game to win! GO CUSE

Totally agree with both of your posts. It will be psychologically devastating to fans and team alike if we lose tonight, especially after that fiasco against Minn. They gotta climb out of that black hole that they dug themselves into and it's gotta start tonight. It's great that Marcus Sales wants to do better than the Beef O'Brady Bowl but they have to get some W's to get to ANY bowl. Huge opportunity tonight--hope they seize it and not blow it.

Basically we've reached the time in the season where, no more excuse's, rationalizations, or talk, its time to win a game. I don't want more talk, this team starting with the QB needs to walk the walk, or give way to the younger players. All the great stats don't make you a winning team, the final number on the scoreboard does.

We're 1-3 and playing a beatable opponent at home in a night game.

If this isn't "must-win" then I think people are thinking very literally about the definition of "must-win".

Basically we've reached the time in the season where, no more excuse's, rationalizations, or talk, its time to win a game. I don't want more talk, this team starting with the QB needs to walk the walk, or give way to the younger players. All the great stats don't make you a winning team, the final number on the scoreboard does.

Have to really agree with this, and that's why this is a do or die game... they lose this, and they will be completely deflated. Right now, they know they played a hard nonconference schedule, they can chalk it up as preseason, and that the real season starts now, etc etc etc etc... they lose tonight, and boom... deflation... They have to win. Before last game's absolute disaster, many of us thought we can win the conference.. or at least didn't see any game we couldn't win. I'm sure the players are the same... now if they lose... it'll tumble/spiral.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom