Do Pitt fans regret pushing Jamie Dixon away yet? | Syracusefan.com

Do Pitt fans regret pushing Jamie Dixon away yet?

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
upload_2017-1-28_14-54-39.png

upload_2017-1-28_14-55-26.png

Dwight-Schrute-LOL.gif

Stallings didn't exactly inherit very much. Dixon's recruiting was terrible and put them in a really bad position. They can't exactly pull rabbits out of a hat like we can when we miss on players.

didn't he willingly leave?

Yes and I wondered why and asked why he left and was told multiple times that he was pushed out. I don't know but it is weird he'd leave Pitt for VCU.

Stallings didn't exactly inherit very much. Dixon's recruiting was terrible and put them in a really bad position. They can't exactly pull rabbits out of a hat like we can when we miss on players.
There's no way they're 1-7 and dead last in the ACC if Dixon was still there. Lots of season to go but look what Dixon has done at TCU already.

There is 0 talent at Pitt. I've been to a few of their games and they have exactly one player who can score.

Imagine trying to play with four Roberson's on offense and Battle.

They did win @MD Marquette and UVa and started 12-2. They are in a free fall right now but they never really got a lot of big time recruits... Dixon just was a great defensive coach and the refs let them get away with thug-ball for many many years.

How bad is the Big Ten that their first place team lost by double digits at home to the last place ACC team?

I dont think they pushed him out? I always thought he played at TCU and they offered him a ridiculous amount of money so it was just a decision he made.

Seriously. Can we say this OP is anything other than mostly conjecture?

Young and Artis could start for most ACC teams.

Especially if they played with a decent PG. Artis plays point for them and he's one of their two good offensive players, and of course he's not a PG.

They did win @MD Marquette and UVa and started 12-2. They are in a free fall right now but they never really got a lot of big time recruits... Dixon just was a great defensive coach and the refs let them get away with thug-ball for many many years.

How bad is the Big Ten that their first place team lost by double digits at home to the last place ACC team?
How good is the AAC that it's ___ place team waxed a mid ACC team by 30+, on the road.

How good is the AAC that it's ___ place team waxed a mid ACC team by 30+, on the road.

Last I checked no AAC team did that... They are currently 6th in the Big East. We did lose by 2 to a 5-4 AAC team. Both teams are trying to make our bad losses look slightly less horrific.

I almost added a side note expecting this response though... in our case it wasn't one game conference comparison point it was a whole half season of being a different, terrible team... we lost to EVERYONE half decent (unless you want to count Monmouth).

Seriously. Can we say this OP is anything other than mostly conjecture?
Dixon had turned down many jobs to stay at Pitt over the years, including TCU. The last two years all you would read from Pitt fans is how much Dixon needs to be fired. There's no question in my mind this had a little something to do with why Dixon decided now was the time to leave. He wasn't appreciated there. That's not conjecture.

There is 0 talent at Pitt. I've been to a few of their games and they have exactly one player who can score.

Imagine trying to play with four Roberson's on offense and Battle.
Young & Artis are the ACC's top 2 scorers at over 20 ppg apiece but after them there's not much else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom