Do teams have to wear NCAA patches on their uniforms for the NCAAT and NIT? | Syracusefan.com

Do teams have to wear NCAA patches on their uniforms for the NCAAT and NIT?

Alsacs

Living Legend
USATSI_9201930_1458521755555_1076187_ver1.0.jpg

These uniforms have a patch from last year's tournament. Are teams forced to wear that patch? If so I wouldn't mind it if we chose not to have the NCAA logo on the uniforms.

You are correct. Wasn't there a game where he had to change his jersey due to blood though? That may be why. I think all teams wear the patch during the tourney.
View attachment 91774

a) that's sexual assault

b) i wouldn't mind seeing the players tape over the NCAA logo if forced to wear it. might come across a bit petty, but i'd dig it.

People think the NCAA has it out for us every time we're on the bubble, and they think taping over NCAA logos on uniforms is a good idea?

That's less classy than turning down the bid. Also, I'm pretty sure there's no logo for the NIT jerseys.

People think the NCAA has it out for us every time we're on the bubble, and they think taping over NCAA logos on uniforms is a good idea?

That's less classy than turning down the bid. Also, I'm pretty sure there's no logo for the NIT jerseys.
I don't think the NCAA had it out for us. We had flaws and they rightfully used to keep us out.
I think the NCAA is a POS organization for what they did to our program based on the charges they leveled against us.

They convicted us of a felony with misdemeanor charges. I would prefer not to have their logo on the uniform. Screw them.

I don't think the NCAA had it out for us. We had flaws and they rightfully used to keep us out.
I think the NCAA is a POS organization for what they did to our program based on the charges they leveled against us.

They convicted us of a felony with misdemeanor charges. I would prefer not to have their logo on the uniform. Screw them.

The NCAA is a POS organization, for many reasons, mostly tied to profiting off "student-athletes," who aren't properly compensated... An organization, by the way, which we're a part of. An organization without which none of our games matter. There's no point in being petty.

I never got too upset about the penalties being so severe since I knew some of the stuff the program got away with. They deserve every bit of every penalty the NCAA put on them as far as I'm concerned, and they're lucky not to have been caught with proof on some of the other stuff, which would have damaged recruiting for years.

The NCAA is a POS organization, for many reasons, mostly tied to profiting off "student-athletes," who aren't properly compensated... An organization, by the way, which we're a part of. An organization without which none of our games matter. There's no point in being petty.

I never got too upset about the penalties being so severe since I knew some of the stuff the program got away with. They deserve every bit of every penalty the NCAA put on them as far as I'm concerned, and they're lucky not to have been caught with proof on some of the other stuff, which would have damaged recruiting for years.
Without being specific what did we get away with?

The Drug Policy was a joke. It was marijuana and the NCAA didn't even have a drug testing policy till NCAAT and not the regular season.

The YMCA stuff was a joke. It was 2 kids and the stuff was laughable.

The Fab Melo stuff was academics. The NCAA doesn't give a chit about academics. SEE UNC.

The Drug Policy was a joke. It was marijuana and the NCAA didn't even have a drug testing policy till NCAAT and not the regular season.

The Fab Melo stuff was academics. The NCAA doesn't give a chit about academics. SEE UNC.

I don't have a major issue with any of that stuff. I figure the weed stuff probably helps our recruiting more than it hurts and the YMCA thing is so minor. The academics I care about, but I also understand.

I don't want to say on a public forum what they got away with, but I'll just say there are a few guys that played here about 10 years ago that I couldn't even feel comfortable rooting for anymore. I'm sure the rumor made its way through fan circles back then.

Look at what they did to SU's women. Ranked #21 nationally but seeded them 8th, playing in Hartford, CT where a win has them playing UConn the very next game. Playing #1 UConn at home would project them given the lowest 8th seed. Something really smells about the NCAA. Results didn't matter to the NCAA for SU 21-10 overall, 13-1 home, 5-5 away, 3-4 at neutral sites and 11-5 in conference. At the worst they should have been a 6 seed.

Look at what they did to SU's women. Ranked #21 nationally but seeded them 8th, playing in Hartford, CT where a win has them playing UConn the very next game. Playing #1 UConn at home would project them given the lowest 8th seed. Something really smells about the NCAA. Results didn't matter to the NCAA for SU 21-10 overall, 13-1 home, 5-5 away, 3-4 at neutral sites and 11-5 in conference. At the worst they should have been a 6 seed.

If you think they have it out for our school so badly they're going after womens' hoops, I don't know what to tell you. The SU women's team was 31st in RPI and got an 8-seed... Seems justifiable, even if some bracketologists had them higher. But we were going to be playing on the road in the second round, anyway. That's how that tournament is done.

The NCAA gets away with the ridiculous seeding of the SU women, well because it's women's basketball. If they took a men's team that was ranked in the top 25 virtually all season and gave them a #8 seed all hell would break loose. No justification for it. They wanted them to be cannon fodder for UConn so they dropped them 2-3 seed lines from what they should have been to put them where they wanted. Total garbage.

The NCAA gets away with the ridiculous seeding of the SU women, well because it's women's basketball. If they took a men's team that was ranked in the top 25 virtually all season and gave them a #8 seed all hell would break loose. No justification for it. They wanted them to be cannon fodder for UConn so they dropped them 2-3 seed lines from what they should have been to put them where they wanted. Total garbage.

Tell that to St. Mary's (7) or Wichita St. (10)

In summary SU sucks at cheating. We're in tough spot as a big enough name for the NCAA to say "hey we punish everyone" but not a blue blood whose infractions get the Frank Drebin treatment.

nothing%20to%20see%20here.jpg

Before reading this, I thought JB's antics just got 2 teams Boeheimed(SU and UNCG) for post season seedings, but this officially makes it 3. Ironically, his team is the only one of the 3 a person might be able to make a slight case for being where they belong. I'm generally a Boeheim fan, but it is what it is.

A lesser esteemed theory is that the NCAA wanted a rematch of last season's title bought.

You are correct. Wasn't there a game where he had to change his jersey due to blood though? That may be why. I think all teams wear the patch during the tourney.
View attachment 91774

Pretty sure that patch just fell off his uniform. I remember it was sort of flapping earlier in the game. They are just glued on.

Maryland is the #4 team in the COUNTRY. They got the 3 seed in the UConn bracket.

a) that's s e xual assault

b) i wouldn't mind seeing the players tape over the NCAA logo if forced to wear it. might come across a bit petty, but i'd dig it.
It's beyond petty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom