Do we ever work on inbounding | Syracusefan.com

Do we ever work on inbounding

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
the ball against pressure? It sure doesn't look like we do. Just terrible last few minutes. Three bad TO's including CJ's length of the court bomb out of bounds. What was that? JB better get this problem fixed or it's going to kill us.

I agree - it seems like we are a deer in headlights if the other team gives us any pressure when inbounding.

Boeheim is very good on overall game strategy, but relatively weak on individual play tactics, esp on offense.

Boeheim is very good on overall game strategy, but relatively weak on individual play tactics, esp on offense.
Nonsense. He designs some great plays. How many wide open lay ups do we get on in bounds. Triche was wide open on the long pass. Don't confuse poor execution with poor design.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely wrong. I have no way to quantify it but I would not be surprised to find that we score more often on inbounding the ball than most teams

Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong here. His percentage on designed plays after timeouts is astronomical.

If our guards are so nervous getting the ball have one of them inbound. You know lonely is actually pretty solid with the ball...

sad thing is you really only need about 3 set plays max. master those and you're golden. we look lost.

the ball against pressure? It sure doesn't look like we do. Just terrible last few minutes. Three bad TO's including CJ's length of the court bomb out of bounds. What was that? JB better get this problem fixed or it's going to kill us.
I expect bad things when JS gets the inbound pass vs. pressure.

I read some coach a few weeks back that said the SU has more inbounds plays than any other team they face. Of course I think he was referring to inbounds under their own basket.

I expect bad things when JS gets the inbound pass vs. pressure.

It seems no one besides the guards want to dribble at all when the get the inbounds pass - they just seem to stand there and wait for a guard to come open even if they've got open floor in front of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom