Do we get into the Top 25 this week? | Syracusefan.com

Do we get into the Top 25 this week?

No, but we get some votes & will be in it if we can win the next two.

Nah...win the next two or three and you will be. Rutgers losing tonight actually hurt you in the BCS

I think we end up in the top 30 Knocking on the door

No. Agreed that, if we had not shot ourselves in the foot against Rutgirls, we would be in, but right now we're no better than also receiving votes at 5-2. Now, if we pull of wins over Louisville and UConn to get to 7-2, then that's another story.

The real question is when was the last time we actually received any votes in either poll?

2002?

Yeah, we started 4-1, I think we got a vote or two around that time.

I imagine we will be close in one of the other polls. Most media will just notice our margin and our record. SWC, nobody will remember Tulane's score, lol.

Most coaches do only a barely better job, although it is more accurate in football than in basketball where coaches like JB assign it to the dumbest kid who can fill out paperwork.

If the Basketball had a BCS ranking, JB might actually cast his own vote.

#23 Illinois is losing, that would help

this is silly

no chance

might get one or two votes

7-2 / 8-2 needed

Really, we have a tall hill to climb. The only "respectable" BE team was West Virginia. Otherwise, no respect is given to the conference. Ironically, by kicking the crap out of WVU, we hurt our chances of garnering any votes because the national view will be even more of a "well, clearly the Big East sucks" thing than it already was. We definitely need two more three more wins in a row to get close to Top 25. 7-2 is a possibility, but I think we need to get to 8-2 to sneak in at 23 or 24.

The real question is when was the last time we actually received any votes in either poll?

2002?
AP & coaches poll as late as the Nov 14, 2010 poll. Harris poll as late as the Nov 21 poll.

Check the link in my signature to access the 2010 Private School FBS rankings for details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom