Do we have any shot at Philly? | Syracusefan.com

Do we have any shot at Philly?

MeloMan

Starter
OK, I know I am totally jinxing it by looking ahead, but if we were to win out and get a 3 seed does anyone think we have a shot at the Philly pod? Right now, Duke and Gtown seem like locks for Philly, but if we get a 3 seed where can they put us that gives us any seed protection? Mich and Mich St. are locks for Auburn Hills. Maybe Dayton with Indiana? Or Lexington with Lville? But what about Florida and Miami? I can't see us jumping Gtown even with a win tonight. Maybe the only hope is they stick Duke in Lexington and put us in Philly with Gtown. A 4/5 seed seems a guarantee to go out west - someone has to play in San Jose and Salt Lake. Any thoughts?

I think it is zero.

However, Lexington is only 40 or so miles further from Durham than Philly.

How awesome would it be if the Committee put Duke in the "protected" pod of Lexington, Ky instead of Philly.

It would be like sending the German champion to Stalingrad in late 1942...

0.001%. It would require a major F'up by the committee.

I actually networked with a few Georgetown folks yesterday to sell them my Philly tickets. I hated doing it but you gotta do what you gotta do.

We don't want Philly. Pennsylvania and everything associated has been a disaster for us this year. (with the exception of yesterday)

0%. I figure we're sitting at a 4 or 5 seed right now which will send us to KC, San Jose, or Salt Lake City. IF we win the BET tourney I don't see us higher than a 3 seed which would put us in Auburn Hills or Austin. Austin seems more likely since Michigan and Michigan State are sitting on the 3 line in Auburn Hills now which is a dream come true for that venue.

The lack of a true southeastern site this year is a problem. A top three seed is supposed to offer "location protection" but, in my hypothetical of Cuse as a 3 seed it seems that someone on the 3 line will have to get screwed. It's hard to swallow Cuse in Austin as a 3 when there are at least four closer locales (Philly, Dayton, Lexington, Auburn Hills), but if you figure Gtown/Duke for Philly, Mich and Mich. St. for Auburn Hills, Indiana and Ohio St. ? for Dayton, and Lville and Miami of Florida for Lexington, what choice is there I guess. San Jose or Salt Lake is even worse - seems tough for the NCAA to justify a 3 seed getting shipped across the country.

The only southern site the NCAA knows how to give is in Charlotte, Greenboro or Chapel Hill. Nice to see those ACC bluebloods have to travel. F Duke.

If SU can win the BET and Miami or Florida can lose early in their tourneys that might open up a spot in Lexington or Austin. Better than San Jose or Salt Lake.

If SU can win the BET and Miami or Florida can lose early in their tourneys that might open up a spot in Lexington or Austin. Better than San Jose or Salt Lake.
Miami and Florida both just won today fwiw

Miami and Florida both just won today fwiw

I still like SU's chance if they can win the BET and UF and/or UM can lose tomorrow.

I still like SU's chance if they can win the BET and UF and/or UM can lose tomorrow.
I think we can surprise some people by getting a 3 seed with a win tonight

I think we can surprise some people by getting a 3 seed with a win tonight

I think so too. It may not be enough for Philadelphia but it could still keep SU from going out west the 1st weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom