Do we have the money... | Syracusefan.com

Do we have the money...

RoatanCuse

Starter
In the basketball budget for JB to hire, like Babers, both an offensive and defessive coordinator? 80 points vs our vaunted zone? 50 something points on offense? Yeah, I know we're young, slow, yada, yada, yada. (I am about half kidding with this thread).
Damn, their center was good!

Jokes aside, the basketball program clears enough profit/net revenue to pay for just about anybody or anything you could imagine.

That’s part of the reason our struggles for the last half decade have been very frustrating, imo.

Nobody does this in college basketball.
We would need JB to change his coaching philosophies which we shouldn’t expect.

Nobody does this in college basketball.
We would need JB to change his coaching philosophies which we shouldn’t expect.
George Washington does. Their head coach has implemented offensive and defensive coordinators of sorts everywhere he has been.

In the basketball budget for JB to hire, like Babers, both an offensive and defessive coordinator? 80 points vs our vaunted zone? 50 something points on offense? Yeah, I know we're young, slow, yada, yada, yada. (I am about half kidding with this thread).
Damn, their center was good!
Never happen. Simply put, we are where we were 10, and 20, and 25 years ago. Same coach, same philosophies- both defensively and offensively. Biggest difference is that we now play in a bigger, badder league, and are unfortunately coming off scholarship restrictions & losing our staple recruiter.
We‘re seemingly in a rut right now, & it’s been at a gradual build.This is a pivotal season, & i can see major changes on the horizon- w/ or w/out Boeheim.

Or you can hire assistants that are relatives of five star recruits, or are sleeping with their mothers. Or pay them. Or both. Shoe companies. Strippers. Bags. Fake classes. Or tamper. There are many examples of “coaching” going on that JB should copy. Take the team we just lost to. Their coach is from Brooklyn and Fran said he was tough. They hired Cade Cunningham’s brother and then got his commitment. These are teams whose players still play and we have to compete against while rebuilding. Amazing. God Bless America. #shouldhaveplayedfab #eatmoreturkey.

We can all imagine JB in the subsequent presser, saying, "Yeah, I didn't know how to fix us. I needed help."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom