Do you think the B1G honeymoon for Maryland is almost over or will the marriage last? | Syracusefan.com

Do you think the B1G honeymoon for Maryland is almost over or will the marriage last?

ClemsonTiger

Walk On
The Terps appear to be having a magical run in most sports now since switching conferences (and I read many "glad we left the ACC" type posts by online fans even though that was not the overwhelming sentiment initially) but do you think they will continue to maintain this level of competitiveness or is it just a bit of beginner's luck for them in that league? I still get the feeling that the Maryland faithful who complained about the North Carolina bias previously will get a different type of cold shoulder from the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, etc., eventually as they get pushed around by older members and Midwest interests...Will they be left on the outside looking in or become a cherished member of the B1G?...

Maryland had a great year, no doubt. Let's see if they can continue to recruit in hoops. Without a star like Melo Trimble, do they make that run? Unlikely. He was a special find, kind of like when SU got Lawrence Moten. They still have to play games in Nebraska and Iowa.

As for Lax, they had a lot of chips fall their way. The BiG Lax conference is still no where near the ACC, even though they won on the field during the tourney. I always detest the fact that the Maryland schools get freakin defacto home games every year. SU had to play Hopkins in Annapolis. Still, at the end of the day, none of their teams could get over the hump.

Unless the Terps can do something on the gridiron, they will not be anything of consequence in that conference going forward. They do, however, have better balance in their major sports than PSU did (or does) when they bcame a member.

As with anything, time will tell.

Two words:

Under Armour

They'll be around for a while, if they want to be

I read today that Maryland is in elite company as one of five Division I universities (Louisville and Notre Dame are two of the other ones) to have its football, men's soccer, baseball, and men's basketball all make it to NCAA postseason play. With two other conference switchers in there, I'm leaning more towards beginner's luck for the Terps. I've always felt a kinship with Maryland being a team like Clemson who was under the thumb of the North Carolina powers that be so I secretly pull for them to disrupt the B1G's hierarchy going further...

I read today that Maryland is in elite company as one of five Division I universities (Louisville and Notre Dame are two of the other ones) to have its football, men's soccer, baseball, and men's basketball all make it to NCAA postseason play. With two other conference switchers in there, I'm leaning more towards beginner's luck for the Terps. I've always felt a kinship with Maryland being a team like Clemson who was under the thumb of the North Carolina powers that be so I secretly pull for them to disrupt the B1G's hierarchy going further...
Hope we make this list soon.

oh, wait...