Do you think you could... | Syracusefan.com

Do you think you could...

Eric15

Living Legend
Do you think you could swim one length of an Olympic pool faster than Michael Phelps or Ryan Lochte could swim down and back?

Do you think you could swim one length of an Olympic pool faster than Michael Phelps or Ryan Lochte could swim down and back?
No, and I think their wake on the their way back would push me all the way back to where I started. I'm not a strong swimmer.

I'd have to think so. But I imagine it'd get tougher the further you'd go. They can probably do a 200 befor I can do a 100. It's like Usain bolt, I can get a 50 in before he gets in his 100.

You had me at "Do you think you could swim one length of an Olympic pool?" :)

^^^this^^^ I dont think most people realize how hard it is to swim. Most havent swam since they were 15 and that was a race in their backyard pool. I think unless its a person who swims on a regular basis for the last couple years, or was an exceptional swimmer as a kid...they get beat. I swim 2-3x a week and just did the lake placid ironman 10 days ago(and yes i crossed the line with an su shirt and hat on :)) , and I think they'd beat me in 50 vs 100.

From a diving position yes, I think I could get a 50 done before they completed a 100. If it was from a cold start on the wall, I think they would likely beat me.

And MG44 is right on. Swimming is hard. We join a country club for the pool (social memberships are much more cost effective). I can do a 100 freestyle but die after that and have to switch it up to other strokes.

It's interesting though. Think I'll have the wife time me next time we go just to see.

I think I would order some lead pellets from the ACME company and mix them in Lachte's cereal in the morning, and then I would challenge him to a race. He would surely sink to the bottom while I swim a leisurely 100m.

No. But i bet i could beat them both in a free throw shooting contest.

Depends. Am I allowed to wear my floaties?

Yes, I'll allow it. My biggest priority in any hypothetical scenario that I think of on my drive to work is safety.

^^^this^^^ I dont think most people realize how hard it is to swim. Most havent swam since they were 15 and that was a race in their backyard pool. I think unless its a person who swims on a regular basis for the last couple years, or was an exceptional swimmer as a kid...they get beat. I swim 2-3x a week and just did the lake placid ironman 10 days ago(and yes i crossed the line with an su shirt and hat on :)) , and I think they'd beat me in 50 vs 100.[/quote]

I don't think people realize how long the length of an olympic pool is either. Yes you know it's 50 meters, but how long that really is in person.

In college to pass the swimming test you had to swim three lenths of the pool to pass. One freestyle, one backstroke and the final any way you wanted. I was in good shape and can swim well, just not a regular swimmer. After that was done I was exhausted. I could barely climb the ladder to get out of the pool.

^^^this^^^ I dont think most people realize how hard it is to swim. Most havent swam since they were 15 and that was a race in their backyard pool. I think unless its a person who swims on a regular basis for the last couple years, or was an exceptional swimmer as a kid...they get beat. I swim 2-3x a week and just did the lake placid ironman 10 days ago(and yes i crossed the line with an su shirt and hat on :)) , and I think they'd beat me in 50 vs 100.

I don't think people realize how long the length of an olympic pool is either. Yes you know it's 50 meters, but how long that really is in person.

In college to pass the swimming test you had to swim three lenths of the pool to pass. One freestyle, one backstroke and the final any way you wanted. I was in good shape and can swim well, just not a regular swimmer. After that was done I was exhausted. I could barely climb the ladder to get out of the pool.[/quote]
Yeah, that was probably the lead pellets I put in your cereal. Sorry about that.

i'm not sure i could beat them if i got to run beside the pool

I got wicked game. I would take them both if we were at my Y.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom