Do Your Civic Duty... Donate to the Enemy Of The Hoya! | Syracusefan.com

Do Your Civic Duty... Donate to the Enemy Of The Hoya!

SyracuseFan

Scout Team
In response to the Georgetown Hoyas taxing citizens via forced purchase of 4 additional opposition game tickets in order to attend the final SU vs Georgetwon regular season game, a minimal cost of $50+ I propose the following.

Now, I do realize the tough times in which Georgetown lives... and yes this is crazy and a little sad but... What if some extremely desperate maybe even, god forbid out of work everyday georgetown fans in the greater DC area were planning to drive the 15 (DC miles) to the hockey arena from hoya suxa to try and make a better life for themselves and become scalpers for home Georgetown games? Its just terrible timing for these folks, the flood of Yankee money will skew supply and demand for the crisp early action against Towson and others. It's really too bad, but the worst news comes to the visiting programs and their fans "Our Friends". We will have all their tickets delivered to us!

As SU fans our salvation like many Americans, comes in the form of charity. I encourage people to follow my lead and donate ALL your $10 non SU v Hoya tickets to the alumni clubs of the corresponding visiting programs. The last regular season game against the hated Hoya will surely be an emotional affair. What better way to honor the end of one of the best regular season rivalries in College Basketball history than with a $50 tax? Seriously, now... What better way to fight an erroneous tax levied from our nations capital than by a personal donation directly to those who need it most, our friends... The Enemy of a Hoya!

Do your civic duty! Donate, post your story, share the photos, tweets, emails, reactions, web links and mailing addresses. Let's give back one last time and say a proper goodbye to Mr. Graham, Ewing, Thompson and all the rest.

Or our AD could respond to the gray-out with an Orange-Out of his own (if he can't fix the minimum allotment embarrassment). Or maybe SU could rent the entire Clydes facility for a private (Orange only) party. But something has to be done...maybe this (Syracusefan) is one possible countermove.

The DC Cuse fans could always organize which other opposing game to buy, show up in orange for said game, and rain down "Let's go Orange!" chants in a game that SU isn't even playing.

The DC Cuse fans could always organize which other opposing game to buy, show up in orange for said game, and rain down "Let's go Orange!" chants in a game that SU isn't even playing.

I bought extra tickets to Duquesne, Mount St. Mary’s, Towson, American -- in part because I didn't think any of the BE games would be $10. But I just checked and the Rutgers game is at least. That game is the home game before SU -- on Saturday, March 2 at 9:00 PM (SU plays Louisville at noon). Those doing the 5-game plan should select that Rutgers game and (if not use them themselves) should give the tickets to the SU DC alumni club -- who should organize an event, maybe creating orange t-shirts that say "We're Coming." The game has the added benefit of being on ESPNU, so a well-timed "Let's Go Orange!" chant would also tick off Rutgers.

But to SyracuseFan's excellent suggestion, here are the mailing addresses to the above schools' alumni offices:

Duquesne University
Office of Alumni Relations
406 Administration Building
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282

Office of Alumni Relations
Mount St. Mary’s University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727

Alumni Relations
Towson University
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252-0001

American University
Alumni Relations
4200 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016

Just double-checked and the "400 Level Center" section for Rutgers is only $10. And while I'm suggesting how people spend their time and money, if the alumni club were to organize an event, I suggest people only attend for one half -- 1) so Georgetown doesn't benefit from the beer sales; and 2) because who wants to watch Georgetown/Rutgers?

Or our AD could respond to the gray-out with an Orange-Out of its own (if it can't fix the minimum allotment embarrassment). Or maybe rent the entire Clydes facility for a private (Orange only) party. But something has to be done...maybe this is one valid countermove.
This is such a no-brainer. Of course, every SU fan MUST wear orange to that game. Let them show THAT on espn Game Day!

This is such a no-brainer. Of course, every SU fan MUST wear orange to that game. Let them show THAT on espn Game Day!
Team colors are fine, CTO, but that's not exactly the Orange-Out I was talking about. I'm (now) pushing for an appropriate response to the 'ticket war' started by the apparently desperate Lee Reed (on February 26, 2011). If he/GT can send us 146 tickets and conspire with Ted hockey to withhold remaining tickets from the general public (i.e., SU fans), then we can do the same thing.

If GT pulls another stunt, this year's ORANGE-OUT should consist of keeping all tickets for SU fans. This will pack the place with Orange ... not because (like GT) we need a stacked crowd to win, but because GT should feel the same sense of frustration we felt when they pulled their little jesuit-only stunt last year. I hate to descend to their level ... but it might be necessary. Let's see if they're adults this year at the Verizon.

I have tickets to the rutgers, providence, seton hall and depaul games @ gtown. I absolutely love the idea of donating the tix to opposing alumni clubs.

Operation "take over game day" is underway.

I have tickets to the rutgers, providence, seton hall and depaul games @ gtown. I absolutely love the idea of donating the tix to opposing alumni clubs.

Operation "take over game day" is underway.
Have to have the AD's support on this --- we should send Lee Reed 146 tickets and tell him he's on his own for the rest. Then ... look for a sudden boost in SU alumni club membership.

Team colors are fine, CTO, but that's not exactly the Orange-Out I was talking about. I'm (now) pushing for an appropriate response to the 'ticket war' started by the apparently desperate Lee Reed (on February 26, 2011). If he/GT can send us 146 tickets and conspire with Ted hockey to withhold remaining tickets from the general public (i.e., SU fans), then we can do the same thing.

If GT pulls another stunt, this year's ORANGE-OUT should consist of keeping all tickets for SU fans. This will pack the place with Orange ... not because (like GT) we need a stacked crowd to win, but because GT should feel the same sense of frustration we felt when they pulled their little jesuit-only stunt last year. I hate to descend to their level ... but it might be necessary. Let's see if they're adults this year at the Verizon.

All the Georgetown die hards would be enraged at that... so noone would actually be enraged at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom