Does battle have a kemba walke run in him | Syracusefan.com

Does battle have a kemba walke run in him

Briancuse

Living Legend
It might sound crazy but watching him today maybe he can carry us if not to a title perhaps to the tourney or maybe a sweet 16.

It might sound crazy but watching him today maybe he can carry us if not to a title perhaps to the tourney or maybe a sweet 16.
I really don't see it. I am not like a lot of the other naysayers because I do think we will make the tournament but Battle is just too inconsistent. One of Walker's trademarks was to include others in the game but Battle rarely passes the ball. it was nice to see the pass to Sidibe today though. Cuse can win a game or two in the tourney if they make it but I think even that will be an overachievement.

While the rest of the UConn team was not very good, it did go 10 deep with players. I think that is the main issue with us. Eventually, we will run into an in game injury or foul issues that we can't overcome.

We can only hope that is delayed as long as possible

No doubt Brian. This teams got some heart.

Battle isn’t even a poor mans kemba walker, lets not talk crazy now people.
Their stats are pretty comparable across the board . Only difference is kemba averaged 23 points and Tyus 20 points . Not saying it’ll happen, but it’s not like he’s being compared to Bill Brasky or something .

Battle is as good as any player in the country and could put up 50 in a given game. Syracuse fans don't appreciate anything, all they do is look at other teams and coaches and players and want to be them. This team was brought together this year with only Battle as a starter and Frankie who played some, otherwise it's like an AAU or Olympic team that takes time to jell. They are building a season and don't have any limits as to where that can go, not withstanding the know it all people who say they have already over achieved and basically this season is done. They can win every game on the remaining schedule if they focus and play as a team.

Kemba was a seasoned junior on a slightly deeper team. Tyus may be capable but I don’t see it this year.

or maybe a better question is, does brissett have a malachi run in him?

battle plays like kemba first 2 rounds to get us to sweet 16

brissett plays like malachi in s16 and e8 to get us to final 4

battle plays like kemba and brissett plays like malachi for the semi final and national championship

we cut down the nets

or maybe a better question is, does brissett have a malachi run in him?

battle plays like kemba first 2 rounds to get us to sweet 16

brissett plays like malachi in s16 and e8 to get us to final 4

battle plays like kemba and brissett plays like malachi for the semi final and national championship

we cut down the nets
Don't forget about Frankie Bonz.

That uconn team had another NBA guard and a big man who picked the right three weeks to go Marshawn Lynch Beast Mode.

Battle is as good as any player in the country and could put up 50 in a given game.

50? Come on now. He's scored over 30 only twice in his career (34 vs. Wake, 37 in the 2OT game vs FSU). No player in SU history has scored 50 in a game.

Their stats are pretty comparable across the board . Only difference is kemba averaged 23 points and Tyus 20 points . Not saying it’ll happen, but it’s not like he’s being compared to Bill Brasky or something .

The shooting percentages are close, but Kemba is/was a much more complete player. He averaged roughly twice the number of rebounds and assists as Tyus.

Lots of really nice plays in here from TB including the draw and dish for dunks. If he can do more of this he could very well have a run like that player from that school.

50? Come on now. He's scored over 30 only twice in his career (34 vs. Wake, 37 in the 2OT game vs FSU). No player in SU history has scored 50 in a game.
It would be crazy, but I can see him having a game for the ages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom