Does Cooney take free throws seriously enough? | Syracusefan.com

Does Cooney take free throws seriously enough?

Eric15

Living Legend
I feel like 76% is too low for as talented a shooter as he is.

On his first free throw, he often seems to casually rush and just hoist the ball up without concentrating and often misses, and then the second he mentally locks in and swishes it. Just curious if anyone else had this impression.

On his first free throw, he often seems to casually rush and just hoist the ball up without concentrating and often misses, and then the second he mentally locks in and swishes it. Just curious if anyone else had this impression.

I'm sure he takes them very seriously.

But the guy is a 38% career FG% guy (and shooting almost exactly that this season), I think 76% is actually pretty good.

I also think he's gassed playing 40 minutes a game-especially as hard as he has to work on offense.

i think free throws are the best way to know how talented a shooter is

http://sportsnstats.com/nba-free-throws/

he's ok at the line and he's ok from 3.

i think free throws are the best way to know how talented a shooter is

http://sportsnstats.com/nba-free-throws/

he's ok at the line and he's ok from 3.
I don't think you are taking in to consideration the fatigue factor. 40 minuets a game for a shooter is really tough. I think the guy is a terrific shooter that 1. we have trouble getting open looks for and 2. is tired from all the work he has to do. If fatigue is responsible for a 2 or 3 % drop, that is the diference between 80% from the line and 40% from the field.

I don't think you are taking in to consideration the fatigue factor. 40 minuets a game for a shooter is really tough. I think the guy is a terrific shooter that 1. we have trouble getting open looks for and 2. is tired from all the work he has to do. If fatigue is responsible for a 2 or 3 % drop, that is the diference between 80% from the line and 40% from the field.

For me personally, I always found it easier to shoot free throws when I was tired. You're less jittery.

For me personally, I always found it easier to shoot free throws when I was tired. You're less jittery.
you are strange then. Plus, I don't think Cooney gets jittery at the foul line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom