Does North Carolina have SEC aspirations? | Syracusefan.com

Does North Carolina have SEC aspirations?

Marrone and Davis are as opposite as can be in the academic arena. Davis is a complete user and has shown that time and time again and NC may have bought into his act and Marrone truly cares about the student athlete and the school he represents.

Davis alone wasn't responsible for setting up the deal described in the article. I suspect he was a prome motivator, but he alone lacked the clout to compromise the academic integrity of the institution to the degree described. I agree that HCDM is the antithesis of Davis, but that doesn't mean there aren't individuals employed in other parts of the AD and university administration who are a little more "creative" in their personal interpretation of what academic integrity actually means.

I think almost every school has its own little ways of helping talented players that are not the best of students but I agree with you that there is a line you do not cross. Winning/pride/ego/money can be too big or alluring for some to handle and hopefully SU can find the proper balance regarding this. Hopefully SU has enough checks and balances to make sure this doesn't happen.

Bet money exchanged hands to keep people quiet.

There's less chance of UNC going to the SEC than Penn State joining the Big East.

Amazing how many people throw out dumb ideas and then how many people run with them.

There's less chance of UNC going to the SEC than Penn State joining the Big East.

Amazing how many people throw out dumb ideas and then how many people run with them.

I heard a rumor that Ohio State was thinking of leaving the B1G for the B12...

It's more amazing how people miss the sarcastic intent of a post.

eh, it was a pretty poor attempt.

If you read the article he linked it's pretty obvious what his subject title meant.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is a guess, but something tells me UNC decided against the optional in-house drug testing.

I think almost every school has its own little ways of helping talented players that are not the best of students but I agree with you that there is a line you do not cross. Winning/pride/ego/money can be too big or alluring for some to handle and hopefully SU can find the proper balance regarding this. Hopefully SU has enough checks and balances to make sure this doesn't happen.

I think you can rest assured that a similar set of classes exists at SU. In fact, reading most of that article, all I can figure is that UNC got a little sloppy in terms of how they handled it. Listen, cheating sucks and the way these kids are pampered and coddled is unsightly, but really the fact that they are getting any education at all is a good thing. And this stuff goes on EVERYWHERE. Perhaps is less brazen but it is all over the college athletics landscape.