does penn station have lockers by any chance? | Syracusefan.com

does penn station have lockers by any chance?

gilardino

Starter
taking train one way, arriving at penn station at 12:30, want to drop off my bag. I am staying in jersey with friends. blarney burgers at 1:00!!!!

Pennsylvania Station does store luggage, but the facility can be hard to find. Do ask a uniformed Amtrak employee for assistance at the station if you have difficulty finding it. Generally, you need to be able to present a train ticket to use this service, but not always. Costs are moderate. This option is most useful if you intend to travel via Amtrak, or if you will take NJ Transit/AirTrain to Newark Airport. Perhaps less stressful and more convenient would be Schwartz Travel at 357 West 36th Street, which offers luggage storage, luggage forwarding, small lockers, a coat check and a modest self-storage facility. They charge $6 to $10 per bag per 24 hour period and are open daily from 8 am to 8 pm.

taking train one way, arriving at penn station at 12:30, want to drop off my bag. I am staying in jersey with friends. blarney burgers at 1:00!!!!

Apparently no coin lockers since 9/11. Found this on the internet tubes.

There are no lockers but if you have taken the train into NYC on Amtrak with a valid Amtrak ticket. Once you get off the train there are signs pointing to the area (near track 5?), you present your Amtrak ticket and give your name to the porters there. They give you a claim slip, you must return by the end of the day.

Also there is a new luggage storage place in Midtown Shawrtz Travel, they will store your luggage for up to 24 hours for $6-10 depending on the size. They are located at 355 W 36th Street. Here's their website:

http://www.schwartztravel.com/

Apparently no coin lockers since 9/11. Found this on the internet tubes.

There are no lockers but if you have taken the train into NYC on Amtrak with a valid Amtrak ticket. Once you get off the train there are signs pointing to the area (near track 5?), you present your Amtrak ticket and give your name to the porters there. They give you a claim slip, you must return by the end of the day.

Also there is a new luggage storage place in Midtown Shawrtz Travel, they will store your luggage for up to 24 hours for $6-10 depending on the size. They are located at 355 W 36th Street. Here's their website:

http://www.schwartztravel.com/

There is a baggage area near track 5 (track 5 is where the trains to/from Albany, NY board) but I always assumed it was only for checked baggage on the longer distance trains. Never thought to look into whether you could store baggage there if you were traveling on the train. We usually always end up leaving our bags at the hotel while we wander around the city on the last day and then pick them up before we head to the train station.

I remember when airports used to have coin lockers back before 9/11. They were handy when you wanted to wander the airport without having to lug everything with you.