Does Rick Reilly annoy anyone else? | Syracusefan.com

Does Rick Reilly annoy anyone else?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Whenever I visit the world wide leader's home page and see his face and read his always smarmy headline I think to myself, "Self, if given the chance, smack that guy."

Whenever I visit the world wide leader's home page and see his face and read his always smarmy headline I think to myself, "Self, if given the chance, smack that guy."
In my world he's been irrelevant for at least ten years but smack him for me also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Guy used to be great. I feel like he's trying too hard now. But in his defense, it's hard to write great columns consistently for years and years. There are writers out there who can do it, but I feel that every writer at some point will exhaust his/her creative resources. Bud's an example. I used to really enjoy his writing. In fact, reading his columns while growing up were a great inspiration for me to pursue journalism. I have his book and still enjoy reading it from time to time. But I find his columns now to be pedantic and uninspired. I guess the well always runs dry eventually.

Don't follow him but loved his books - Missing Link and Shanks for Nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom