does the Bazley situation remind anyone of the Robert | Syracusefan.com

does the Bazley situation remind anyone of the Robert

It reminds me of this one time when I thought I had a chance at a game winning shot at the buzzer, and as the guy trying to defend the shot flailed at me got me in the nuts.

That's what it reminded me of.

And no, I didn't make the free throws. I was distracted.

Cuz I got hit in the nuts.

Its too bad it doesnt remind us of Battles recruitment.

Well, it doesn't. No NLI was signed, Michigan had more than enough time to recover and Battle decommitted less than 48 hours later.

It reminds me of this one time when I thought I had a chance at a game winning shot at the buzzer, and as the guy trying to defend the shot flailed at me got me in the nuts.

No foul if he got all ball.

Washington isn’t the talent that Bazley is.
That was a weird recruitment.
Bazley just doesn’t want to go to school.
I don’t blame him for that. He should go overseas and get real money though.
Playing in the G League doesn’t make sense.
Brandon Jennings, Emmanuel Mudiay all got paid overseas and were high draft picks.

Washington isn’t going to be a high draft but Bazley will be next year.

The guy was like the government, trying to be your friend, by delivering a silent PSA/cupcheck. Yeah, I get theyre not as popular in basketball as in other sports, but he was sent to remind you why theyre still important.

The Robert Washington thread was only rivaled by the Taurean Thompson thread

He should go overseas and get real money though.
Playing in the G League doesn’t make sense.
Playing overseas for an 18 year old isn't all that great of an option. There's very little support for the American players as it is, add in the language barrier, having to deal with some very shady teams, hazing from native players, and maybe some better pay ... meh. If he's getting some shoe and agent money in the neighborhood of $100-$150k, some juice in the next draft, and he doesn't have to leave the states? That's not bad for 10 months of his life before getting into the lottery possibly and a few million.

Washington recruitment? A program eager to get a high profile recruit gets a commit from a kid who de-committed from another school already. And we all know how they both ended up.

We know how both of who? We know how Robert Washington has faired, jury is out on Bazley - won't know about him until the 2019 Draft where unless he goes #1 overall many on this board will say "If he came here he'd have gone higher"

Playing overseas for an 18 year old isn't all that great of an option. There's very little support for the American players as it is, add in the language barrier, having to deal with some very shady teams, hazing from native players, and maybe some better pay ... meh. If he's getting some shoe and agent money in the neighborhood of $100-$150k, some juice in the next draft, and he doesn't have to leave the states? That's not bad for 10 months of his life before getting into the lottery possibly and a few million.
Shoe money?
He isn’t going to get shoe money IMO.
The kid isn’t tied to a shoe company ala Bagley or Bowan.
He probably got money from an agent but those are all advances that the agent will get back.

He isn’t going to be flush with cash.
Billy Preston couldn’t play at Kansas he didn’t play in the G league he went overseas and got a 6 figure payday.
Jennings and Mudiay got paid in China.
If he wanted cash overseas is the place to get it and then NBA.
G-League isn’t about money.

Did you not see that there was a huge FBI sting which busted at least one shoe company paying top recruits who were going to college? They weren't paying that money for the college's benefit.
Billy Preston couldn’t play at Kansas he didn’t play in the G league he went overseas and got a 6 figure payday.
Preston couldn't go to the G-league; he had enrolled in a college and wasn't eligible. And he didn't play overseas for long anyway.

Did you not see that there was a huge FBI sting which busted at least one shoe company paying top recruits who were going to college? They weren't paying that money for the college's benefit.

Preston couldn't go to the G-league; he had enrolled in a college and wasn't eligible. And he didn't play overseas for long anyway.

In a way they were. If Nike pays for kids to go to Nike schools and those schools get a ton of exposure and make tournament runs then fans buy the merchandise (see Loyola's explosion) then it all works out for Nike.

We know how both of who? We know how Robert Washington has faired, jury is out on Bazley - won't know about him until the 2019 Draft where unless he goes #1 overall many on this board will say "If he came here he'd have gone higher"
I shouldn't have used the word both. I didn't mean to.

Two balls and one strike.

It's actually pretty interesting...if you're been ruled permanently ineligible you are allowed to go to the G-League and enter the next NBA draft. However, if you haven't gotten an NCAA ruling - like Preston and Brian Bowen - you aren't allowed to go.

I get that they don't want to create a situation where dozens of college players are pissed about their playing time in December, dropping out, and going to the G-League. That said, it's weird that players fully deemed to have done something wrong get benefits over those that are still in limbo. PJ Hairston gets a showcase in the G-League after being ruled ineligible, but Preston couldn't since Kansas was just benching him and the NCAA hadn't said anything formally. Givony wrote an interesting article about it.

Shoe money?
The kid isn’t tied to a shoe company ala Bagley or Bowan.
He probably got money from an agent but those are all advances that the agent will get back.

He isn’t going to be flush with cash.
Jennings and Mudiay got paid in China.
If he wanted cash overseas is the place to get it and then NBA.
G-League isn’t about money.
You know what Bazley is going to do? Sign with LeBron's camp. Rich Paul. I don't know this, but I sense it was his group that flipped Brazley. Think about it. Bazley is an Ohio kid, who some say knew what he was going to do for the last month or so. Check out this short piece from LeBron and notice the date above the byline.

Analysis | How LeBron James says he’d fix the ‘corrupt’ NCAA

There is no denying LBJ's influence and desire to impact systematic change.