Does this get us a 2 seed | Syracusefan.com

Does this get us a 2 seed

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
lets say we go 5-2 the rest of the way (beat seton hall, prov, gtown, lville, depaul, lose at marq and at gtown) and 1-1 in BET.

26-7, 13-5 in big east

hmm that looks more like 3 seed to me. think we need to go 6-1 to safely have a 2 seed but thats gonna be very tough.

lets say we go 5-2 the rest of the way (beat seton hall, prov, gtown, lville, depaul, lose at marq and at gtown) and 1-1 in BET.

26-7, 13-5 in big east

hmm that looks more like 3 seed to me. think we need to go 6-1 to safely have a 2 seed but thats gonna be very tough.

I posted basically the same thing last night but it got buried quickly.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/5-2-the-rest-of-the-way-is-the-goal.44636/

I think we would be one of the higher 3 seeds on the S-curve with that result.

Fortunately other teams will also be losing games but I'd agree we're looking more 3 than 2 after last night. Doesn't really matter to me. Its all about the matchups. Lets just hope we stay away from teams that force us to chase smaller quicker guards around.

i think its important to get a 2 seed instead of a 3 seed, that way you avoid playing the top 2 seeds till the elite 8. with a 3 seed you potentially play a 2 seed in the sweet 16.

I was just about to make a post titled: Concerns After Viewing Our Schedule.

So instead of doing so, I'll respond here.

Here's how I see it playing out:

I think we win our next two against SHU and Providence. If we don't, this team could finish the season in the abyss. There's no valid reason why we don't win both of these games.

Then it's home to Georgetown. This will be a tough game but I think spurred on by the crowd and the emotions of the rivalry, we win this but I wouldn't be shocked with a loss.

Then it's a quick turnaround at Marquette. I don't see us winning this game. They have quick, explosive guards and size up front. Plus, it's a road game and after an emotional game. We lose this game IMO. I don't think Marquette is a great team but Buzz Buzzard will have them playing harder than we do.

Then a long time to prepare for Louisville at home. Thing is we stole a game against them and they will really be ready to play. This one I'm on the fence on but I think we lose this.

Then Depaul. That's a win.

Then at G'Town. I think we split with them so I'm going to say we win the home game and lose this.

I say we go 4-3 the rest of the way, but possibly 5-2 if we can pull out a win vs Louisville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom