Dolezaj and Sidibes dumb fouls were going to cost us eventually | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj and Sidibes dumb fouls were going to cost us eventually

They are the senior most players on this team. They simply have to be better. It costs the team far too much and has for years now. It’s the single most frustrating thing for me with this team now. Simply must be smarter.

They are the senior most players on this team. They simply have to be better. It costs the team far too much and has for years now. It’s the single most frustrating thing for me with this team now. Simply must be smarter.

Yes. If they are going to foul out, you have to make them count. Whether you think they are good calls or bad calls, you have to stop giving the refs a chance to call them - particularly drives me crazy with Marek.

It’s very frustrating. We win that game no doubt about it if we have either of them in to finish the game. The last one of Marek was a horrid call, very sad to see that the refs are so whistle ready that they jump the gun so often. But, he put himself in a position where he had 4 fouls and was walking on eggshells. He has to stop making dumb fouls. He lost us the game yesterday indirectly.

The thing that drives me nuts about Sid is that he fouls the guy, weakly, and lets him score, then throws his arms up to say he didn’t foul. I’d rather he made the guy earn two at the stripe instead of giving up so many and 1 opportunities.

The thing that drives me nuts about Sid is that he fouls the guy, weakly, and lets him score, then throws his arms up to say he didn’t foul. I’d rather he made the guy earn two at the stripe instead of giving up so many and 1 opportunities.
I want to punch my TV lol. Like really?!! Dude learn geometry. If 90 degrees is arms straight over head and I would say you need to have them at 75+ degrees to even be considered “straight up”. Sid your arms are at a 45 degree angle. It’s not even close!! And if you’re going to foul then FOUL HIM.

It’s very frustrating. We win that game no doubt about it if we have either of them in to finish the game. The last one of Marek was a horrid call, very sad to see that the refs are so whistle ready that they jump the gun so often. But, he put himself in a position where he had 4 fouls and was walking on eggshells. He has to stop making dumb fouls. He lost us the game yesterday indirectly.
Was it an iffy call? Definitely. But never ever should you even be close to that position with four fouls. Don’t touch anyone for offensive rebounds at all. Just completely stay away, rotate back on defense. It’s against conventional thought not to attack the offensive glass but adjustments have to be made when foul trouble enters the picture. This is basic stuff that you have to understand and then execute.

Was it an iffy call? Definitely. But never ever should you even be close to that position with four fouls. Don’t touch anyone for offensive rebounds at all. Just completely stay away, rotate back on defense. It’s against conventional thought not to attack the offensive glass but adjustments have to be made when foul trouble enters the picture. This is basic stuff that you have to understand and then execute.
Even better point. Why even go after an offensive board unless it’s falling into your lap. To foul out with 8mins left is just brutal. I considered the game to be very hard to win from that point on. It became a game where we just needed to survive, and that’s not a game you want to be in ever.

Why even go after an offensive board unless it’s falling into your lap.
That's why JB rarely puts guys on the key when we shoot free throws because they will likely foul.

The over the back fouls when they have no chance at the rebound are killers. Hopefully this game is a wakeup call for them for avoiding those silly ones.
I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't find the last foul call on Marek all that iffy. I guess they could have let it go but he pushed the guy in the back in clear view. I was yelling what are you doing at Marek from my house not how do you call that. I don't know why he can't just let it go. He does it 2 time a game and it makes no sense to me.

How the coaches have not gotten Marek to improve with regard to committing avoidable/dumb fouls is beyond me. Truth be told there were other fouls that could have been whistled as well. This has been an issue all year.

The worst are those silly reach-in fouls that Marek commits every game.
It really costs the Orange.

Sidibe...guilty of his own stupid foul variation.
He also got plowed over in the defensive paint in the second half and no offensive foul call.
I give refs a lot of leeway but that was an awful non-call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom