Dome crowd... | Syracusefan.com

Dome crowd...

BludOrange

All Conference
was great in the second half. Fan support in the first half seemed to be laid back except for the students. Then the Dome came alive and may have been the loudest 23,000 I've ever heard in there. Loved seeing JB signal to stand and cheer, and the fans react with deafening support as the team dug in on defense time and time again.

was great in the second half. Fan support in the first half seemed to be laid back except for the students. Then the Dome came alive and may have been the loudest 23,000 I've ever heard in there. Loved seeing JB signal to stand and cheer, and the fans react with deafening support as the team dug in on defense time and time again.

I think in the first half there wasn't a sense of danger yet that we could actually lose. Once they took a nine point lead it was like everyone in the building said "Oh crap" we can lose this game. Then as you mentioned, the place came alive. I wish sometimes that it didn't take such circumstances to get the crowd in it for the run of the mill game but I understand it. The dome can be the most electric place and also the most dull.

JB was inciting the crowd? Cool! I didn't see it. But I didn't need him, either. I incite myself perfectly well!

was great in the second half. Fan support in the first half seemed to be laid back except for the students. Then the Dome came alive and may have been the loudest 18,000 I've ever heard in there. Loved seeing JB signal to stand and cheer, and the fans react with deafening support as the team dug in on defense time and time again.

Fixed it for you. No way in holy hell there were almost 24k there last night.

But we were loud

Like the Duke game last year, I think it is a lot easier for the crowd to get excited and stay excited when the game is going back and forth and hitting shots. The way basketball is meant to be. None of this sit on the ball and run the clock .

I saw HCJB motion and the crowd respond. Brought chills for the simple reason that it was an outward display of how into it coach was. It was almost like a validation of the effort the team was putting in out there - Coach wasn't upset or concerned at that moment, just knew that the 6th man was needed and deserved.
I think that we're seeing the "coach them back up" part of the season now that he has them mostly on the same page as a group after tearing them down a little (a lot in some cases) early in the season.

23k on a weeknight, 8pm game is crazy.

And with temps hovering at or below zero... But boy was it warm in the Dome! Need thick layers outside but it was tee shirt weather inside. What a blast!

Fixed it for you. No way in holy hell there were almost 24k there last night.

But we were loud

Nor did they sell that many seats.

When 314 and 306 don't have any seats sold in the top third, they haven't sold 20,000 seats.

Those who were there did get into it during the comeback and on some defensive stops, though - loudest game of the year by far. Nice to see Boeheim cheering everyone on down the stretch, too.

Like the Duke game last year, I think it is a lot easier for the crowd to get excited and stay excited when the game is going back and forth and hitting shots. The way basketball is meant to be. None of this sit on the ball and run the clock . . . . .

the crowd only got going when we were down 9 and started to make a run. but they stayed loud even when we couldn't get over the hump. i thought they'd cash it in when wake went back up by 6 (or whatever) but didn't happen. nice support last night and sounded great on tv.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom