Dome hoops seating advice sought | Syracusefan.com

Dome hoops seating advice sought

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
I'm looking at picking up some Preferred C season tix. Seating choices are limited and I have no experience with what's available. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the dome shows shots from the various seating locations (which they do for football), so I could use some input.

The choices are 111-112 (lower corner), 214-215 (middle corner, probably under the overhang - I don't know where that starts), or the lower rows of 308-309/311-312.

What's the way to go?

I'm looking at picking up some Preferred C season tix. Seating choices are limited and I have no experience with what's available. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the dome shows shots from the various seating locations (which they do for football), so I could use some input.

The choices are 111-112 (lower corner), 214-215 (middle corner, probably under the overhang - I don't know where that starts), or the lower rows of 308-309/311-312.

What's the way to go?
If you can get lower rows for 308-309 or 311-312, I would go with one of those options. I sat about 10 rows up in 309 for years and enjoyed those seats very much. (I believe Matty, Lincoln and DC sit in that section as well).

To me, the most important thing is getting tickets near center court, but I am more about watching plays develop than seeing player reactions, recruits visiting, referees jawing with coaches, etc. If you are into that, get the tickets on the lower level.

What's the way to go?

I sat for years in section 128, about halfway up. I always wished that i could get center court, fron row mezzinine, If you can get near center court, near the front row, even 3rd level, i would go there. From a basketball standpoint, watching plays develope and how the ffense and defense work would be well worth it.

The Dome Launch works for basketball. Go to www.carrierdome.com

Click on "Interactive Seating Chart/Find Your Seat"
The Dome Launch will open in a new window.
In the drop down menu in the top upper right hand corner, switch it from football to basketball.
Click on a section.
Then another box will open up, and click on "Launch Dome View"

Also, I just bought two season tickets in section 209 yesterday (preferred C). I was told that there werent any Preferred C or D in the first level. Are you looking for a pair?

By the way, buying Syracuse Basketball season tickets yesterday was probably one of the least pleasant customer service experiences I have ever had. I will outline it later when I have more time.

Lower 309 or 311. That is center court. Lower the better, and I'd say closer to the isle the better ... ability to get in/out quickly is an under rated commodity. Dome traffic inside & outside the building is some of the worst in the country.

IIRC you'd want somewhere in the range of 309 AA-FF or 311 A-F, and seat #s as high as they offer for getting close to center court ... lowest seat #s for closest to the isle.
___

111-112 & 214-215 will get you among the first folks out of the Dome, with a beer (& food) vendor AND restrooms right behind you. But the view of the game will be very 'meh'.

Non-300 was extremely limited. I'll try the "meh" view this year. I wasn't thrilled with my view from 315 at the one game I was at last year (admittedly worse than what was available now).

I'm still disappointed that I didn't get a call once all of the renewals had been processed as my Preferred Seating had been paid for at football renewal time.

LDome traffic inside & outside the building is some of the worst in the country.

Are you serious about this or are you kidding? I drive in worse traffic to and from work every day than I ever saw in 20 years of Dome traffic.

I literally do not think there is any traffic getting to from The Dome, sorry.

44cuse

I sit in 310 Row B and honestly, aside from the court side seating on the floor, I wouldn't trade my seat for any in the dome.

I agree Orange46R. Im in 310 also row H. Right behind the railing as you go up the rows past the TV camera stand( where you leave your coats on) Great seats, right on mid court.

For basketball I cant stand any seats in the 200 level. 309-311 would be my advise.

Are you serious about this or are you kidding? I drive in worse traffic to and from work every day than I ever saw in 20 years of Dome traffic.

I literally do not think there is any traffic getting to from The Dome, sorry.

44cuse
You clearly have never parked anywhere near the west side.

You clearly have never parked anywhere near the west side.

I've parked everywhere. Trust me, there's no traffic. Try getting out of a Patriots game. Going 10 miles from a 49ers game takes 2+ hours.

There is no traffic in Syracuse. Sorry, but there just isn't.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom