Dome Improvements | Syracusefan.com

Dome Improvements

CNYCentralCuse

Walk On
Semi-Inspired by the board, I called SU and Pete Sala was so kind as to give me the first media tour of the new-look interior of the Dome.

I'll post the link here when my story is online, but if you're local you can catch it on CBS-5 at 5:42 and NBC-3 at 5:48 (different versions)

My opinion, going to the Dome my whole life is that you'll love it. The ribbon lighting and of course the new 21x46-- (66 feet if you count added panels with stats etc.) will be incredible. But even little things like the time+temperature board, the play clock, signs above each locker room, and even small banner ads are all LED screens. The Dome will still have its aura to it, but will look like its in the 21st century. The old video board in the upper corner will now be an led scoreboard. All of the eminities can do anything from stats, videos, pictures, and ads.

The project will be complete in less than a month.

For those who are concerned, despite all the extra lighting, video boards, etc. The Dome will use way, way less power/electricity than it used to power the old light-bulb based scoreboards.

Hope you check out the story!

What will really make the Dome look good is an extra 10,000-15,000 people in there for football games, but all this stuff is real nice too.

:)

One other note from Pete Sala- These improvements and the big crowds for "Monster Jam" are a big reason why the Zach Brown is going to the Dome, expect more big names (no inside info here) in the years to come.

Just looking at that black ribbon board makes things look better all ready, can't wait to see it lit up!

Why can't they paint the concrete? Orange would make the dome look less outdated.

Why can't they paint the concrete? Orange would make the dome look less outdated.
Or it would make it look ridiculous. They've put up enough orange where they don't need much more...

Last year we painted out old looking foundation with a paint that made it look like brand spanking new concrete. Can't they at least do this?

Renovations of Michigan's Crisler Arena... what a difference painting some concrete can make.

6389427_orig.jpg

While I'm at it, here's the renovation so far:

Before
Crisler-Arena_1.jpg

After
1801390_orig.jpg

Geez, how about 45K SU fans just show up for games and then they won't have to paint a damn thing.

:bang:

I hope instant replay is noticeably different with these video boards. Anytime I went to the dome and wanted to see what just happened, I'd have to crane my neck and squint my eyes, and then maybe hope to see the previous play. This should have been done a loooong time ago.

Renovations of Michigan's Crisler Arena... what a difference painting some concrete can make.

6389427_orig.jpg

While I'm at it, here's the renovation so far:

Before
Crisler-Arena_1.jpg

After
1801390_orig.jpg

Exactly what I was talking about, Nasa.

I don't know how many but this should definitely draw more people to attend home games.

I don't know how many but this should definitely draw more people to attend home games.
I don't know of one person who has ever gone to a game because of a new scoreboard.

I don't know of one person who has ever gone to a game because of a new scoreboard.

Not sure if it will make a difference in football, but I do know a few people that are going to more Chiefs games now because of the new scoreboard. That's an extreme example though. Their old scoreboard was so bad that it would actually detract from the gameday experience.