Don’t Expect an Announcement of a B12 Network Anytime Soon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Don’t Expect an Announcement of a B12 Network Anytime Soon

If I was a fan of Iowa State or Texas Tech, or everyone else in the conference not named Texas or Oklahoma, I would be very scared.

With the rumors of the college football playoffs expanding and the B12 in trouble, I could actually see a scenario where ND joins the ACC for all sports and WVU becomes the 16th full time member.

If the B12 dissolves down the road, would Texas and Oklahoma also be interested in joining the ACC?
I may have said this once or twice before. One of our board gurus who's in a position to know said that Texas was offered the same deal by the ACC that ND got, before it was offered to ND, but turned it down. He also said they will not turn it down if offered again. When I discussed that idea on the ND board, their posters said they would want their administration to add Texas as a permanent opponent in football if the deal happened, especially since they recruit there quite heavily.

The couch-burners in Morgantown are not looked upon very favorably by most of the ACC. IMO their lack of any semblance of caring about their Olympic sports is "another brick in the wall."

As far as the title of the thread goes, a Big XII implosion is much more likely than a Big XII network.

Last edited:
Normal ND weirdness. Terry is like “it’s not about the money” and “def not about championships” and it’s most definitely about those things.

but the mission of the school!*

*would be helped by more money and championships

but tradition!*

*is 0-100 vs money and championships

Normal ND weirdness. Terry is like “it’s not about the money” and “def not about championships” and it’s most definitely about those things.

but the mission of the school!*

*would be helped by more money and championships

but tradition!*

*is 0-100 vs money and championships
You are putting words in my mouth.

Could ND make more TV money in a conference?

Could ND make $65 million or more a year in TV/conference money in the Big Ten?

Then why don't they? Most schools would jump immediately at that chance.

My point was that ND is less dependent on TV money and more dependent on big alumni donations.

You totally glossed over that in your quest to find "weirdness".

Find my quote about "the mission of the school". Its not there.

Find my quote about "championships". Its not there, either.

Last edited:
You are putting words in my mouth.

Could ND make more TV money in a conference?

Could ND make $65 million or more a year in TV/conference money in the Big Ten?

Then why don't they? Most schools would jump immediately at that chance.

My point was that ND is less dependent on TV money and more dependent on big alumni donations.

You totally glossed over that in your quest to find "weirdness".

Find my quote about "the mission of the school". Its not there.

Find my quote about "championships". Its not there, either.
We’ve chatted a lot. I know where the conversation would end up.

Are you saying the donations would dry up if they joined the ACC?

We’ve chatted a lot. I know where the conversation would end up.

Are you saying the donations would dry up if they joined the ACC?

I am not saying it, a number of big donors have told ND that their donations would be withheld if ND football surrenders independence. That is pretty well known at ND.

You may not believe them, but Jack Swarbrick and Father Jenkins do.

nothing is going to change anytime soon thats for sure unless we can finally get the scheduling change to 3-5-5 approved by other leagues and ncaa

I am not saying it, a number of big donors have told ND that their donations would be withheld if ND football surrenders independence. That is pretty well known at ND.

You may not believe them, but Jack Swarbrick and Father Jenkins do.
And that’s north of ACC per year money?

If so - and independence is that important, have at it LOL. See? Weird.

And that’s north of ACC per year money?

If so - and independence is that important, have at it LOL. See? Weird.
It is.

That plus NBC money plus partial ACC money (including full share of ACC Network profits) is much, much more than a full share of ACC money, by quite a bit.

It is not more than Big Ten money, though.

And yes, independence is that important. You may disagree, but you don't have a vote.

It is.

That plus NBC money plus partial ACC money (including full share of ACC Network profits) is much, much more than a full share of ACC money, by quite a bit.

It is not more than Big Ten money, though.

And yes, independence is that important. You may disagree, but you don't have a vote.
Thankfully! I don’t want one. Kudos to you guys for valuing a thing with very little value, stamp it with “tradition” and get some rich guys to pay to keep it weird.

Thankfully! I don’t want one. Kudos to you guys for valuing a thing with very little value, stamp it with “tradition” and get some rich guys to pay to keep it weird.
You're welcome.

Take care.

This forum would be a much better place if those members that feel the need to chase away quality posters would just go away. Terry has been an excellent addition to this forum although we may not like what he has to say.

This forum would be a much better place if those members that feel the need to chase away quality posters would just go away. Terry has been an excellent addition to this forum although we may not like what he has to say.
yeAH…BUt whEREs tHe fuN iN THaT?

Tolerance and respect for dissenting opinions. This is the stuff our country was founded on.

Always a good thing. It is healthy to hear different perspectives. Might even learn something.

(See a cabbage flying for his head, jumps off the soapbox and clicks on the post reply button).

Thanks, much appreciated.

I am too much the stubborn SOB to be chased away.
I deleted the response that I felt was a little out of bounds. I don’t mind disagreements but I don’t like when I re-read and think I’ve made it personal or rooted in anger.

Appreciate your posts, though obviously I disagree on some things.

If we push people out with opposing views, we’re left with something less rich. Some people advocating for those things should check themselves.

Tolerance and respect for dissenting opinions. This is the stuff our country was founded on.

Always a good thing. It is healthy to hear different perspectives. Might even learn something.

(See a cabbage flying for his head, jumps off the soapbox and clicks on the post reply button).
Nice idea. Unfortunately we haven't seen this from either left or right in the past twelve years. Maybe this will be the time where we can clear the air and come together... at least a little.

Nice idea. Unfortunately we haven't seen this from either left or right in the past twelve years. Maybe this will be the time where we can clear the air and come together... at least a little.
Too many power blocks in the United States to let that happen

I am too much the stubborn SOB to be chased away.
Spoken like a true Irish(man).

(Meant with all due respect as the son of an Irish immigrant)

Texas likes the status quo of the Big XII they aren’t going to leave.
Oklahoma can’t get into the Pac-12 without Texas.
The Big Ten doesn’t want them yet.
The SEC is their only bet if they fully nuclear and they won’t because Oklahoma isn’t Oklahoma in the SEC.

The Big XII is fine.
Notre Dame won’t give up independence till Baby Boomer ND alumni sadly pass away.
The younger alums are more progressive but they don’t care enough now.
College sports realignment is dead for now at the major conference level.
Well, these predictions didn’t age well. Lol. Just kidding with you, Alsacs. I actually would have agreed with all of this. Anyhow, Conference realignment sucks.