Donahue looks to continue exploiting defenses that hone in on Rice, Staats (DO) | Syracusefan.com

Donahue looks to continue exploiting defenses that hone in on Rice, Staats (DO)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Dylan Donahue scored for goals against Siena in a game where the Saints defense was more focused on fellow starting attack Kevin Rice and Randy Staats...

021215_S_MLAXSienna_BryanCereijo_SP.jpg

http://dailyorange.com/2015/02/dona...loiting-defenses-that-hone-in-on-rice-staats/

When Dylan announced he was coming to Cuse I felt a sigh from a lot of the Cuse faithful, another coaches son from West Genny! Will he be good enough? I don't think he has ever been given enough respect and I include myself in this, no one has ever bad mouthed him but #17 has never been seen as the
man but just another cog in the machine!

Step away from this forget who is and where he came from but look at the Jrs body of work! He has been a starter since day one!

We've all read the stories of him staying around school in the summer to work on his conditioning and following the Same regime as Syracuses football running backs and spending time playing pick up games with K-Rice!

His work rate and want to succeed has been second to none, I don't see any kid work harder staying back after practice to shoot some more balls and work on his dodging , it's time to stand up and say that Dylan has and is a Syracuse great! Not because of his father or his Brother or Coach Messere but because of dedication to the program.

His style is a little strange and he is not a flashy player but his finishing is exemplary, his shooting accuracy is freakish, if he misses it pings off the pipe, he doesn't make a bad decision, I've never seen him miss a pass or turn it over, has great balance, rides like a beast and he cuts and slashes off ball like no other. You think he's bot a dodger but can surprise you! I'd love to know his SOG %

His reading of the game is amazing, he has been brought up around the game but he seems to understand and read def very well, I can see Dylan And Kevin being great coaches in the future!

In his freshman year he played in all 20 games and was ranked 3rd on the team with 54 points 37 goals and 17 assists.
His Soph year again he played in all 20 games and was fourth on the team with 41 points 27 goals and 14 assists.

If his name was Powell we would be applauding this kid. He is never talked about in the top attackman in the country in the
Media and he should be there hasn't been many better on the hill!

I don't know what this kid needs to get some respect! The Cuse faithful applaud you!

Last edited:
Not Canadian like Keough or flashy like Tim Desko.

Kid just gets it done.

FO's and Clearing continues on the path started last week and this team could be unbeatable.

His sister is already doing damage for the Cuse womens team as well! :)

Actually Donahue originally committed to the Air Force Academy and began Basic Cadet Training in the Summer before his Freshman year. He dropped out after a few weeks of the basic training. During the Fall he showed up on Syracuse's roster. (I have a friend who's son plays lax and was with Dylan in AFA basic training. After he dropped out of basic training it took awhile (4 weeks +)before the AFA gave him his release papers. I keep watching Cuse lax write-ups to see if he was going to end up with his father at SU.)

Tim Barber was also meant to go to Air Force Academy I remember his father mentioned it to me his sr year at Genny!

I always thought Donahue's game is similar to former attackman Rob Kavovit. Very good in space and if you get him the ball near the cage he sends in to the back of the net.

Great player Kavo! Smart on and off the field, I'd never thought of Donahue being like him but your right smart and clinical!

When Dylan announced he was coming to Cuse I felt a sigh from a lot of the Cuse faithful, another coaches son from West Genny! Will he be good enough? I don't think he has ever been given enough respect and I include myself in this, no one has ever bad mouthed him but #17 has never been seen as the
man but just another cog in the machine!

Step away from this forget who is and where he came from but look at the Jrs body of work! He has been a starter since day one!

We've all read the stories of him staying around school in the summer to work on his conditioning and following the Same regime as Syracuses football running backs and spending time playing pick up games with K-Rice!

His work rate and want to succeed has been second to none, I don't see any kid work harder staying back after practice to shoot some more balls and work on his dodging , it's time to stand up and say that Dylan has and is a Syracuse great! Not because of his father or his Brother or Coach Messere but because of dedication to the program.

His style is a little strange and he is not a flashy player but his finishing is exemplary, his shooting accuracy is freakish, if he misses it pings off the pipe, he doesn't make a bad decision, I've never seen him miss a pass or turn it over, has great balance, rides like a beast and he cuts and slashes off ball like no other. You think he's bot a dodger but can surprise you! I'd love to know his SOG %

His reading of the game is amazing, he has been brought up around the game but he seems to understand and read def very well, I can see Dylan And Kevin being great coaches in the future!

In his freshman year he played in all 20 games and was ranked 3rd on the team with 54 points 37 goals and 17 assists.
His Soph year again he played in all 20 games and was fourth on the team with 41 points 27 goals and 14 assists.

If his name was Powell we would be applauding this kid. He is never talked about in the top attackman in the country in the
Media and he should be there hasn't been many better on the hill!

I don't know what this kid needs to get some respect! The Cuse faithful applaud you!

Bump. And rightfully so after putting up a touchdown. Kid is playing some great lax and looked like a leader this weekend against ND. Our lineup of stud attack doesn't end after Rice and Staats (whom I hope we get back, like maybe yesterday).

Excellent call, Woody, and great post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom