Don't blame Robert Anae | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Don't blame Robert Anae

I'm pretty confident that Anae can engineer an effective running game, if he feels that gives him the best chance to have a winning offense.

If we didn't have a star like Tucker at RB I'd be totally fine with abandoning the run, embracing the Dome, and just passing all the time.
You think?
Then he better figure it out quickly otherwise an ALL AMERICAN RB is getting his time wasted here.
I thought he'd have figured it out by now unless he's not so subtly trying to change our offense into a pass only O which you suggested

Every team we play is going to try and do the same thing, load the box and key on stopping Tucker. Play1. Tucker 2 YDS Play2. Tucker 3YDS Play 3. Shrader tries to get the first down that Sean couldn't because the opposing team was on top of him. Our line has got to block and there has to be someone on the team besides Rhino to lead the way for him.

You think?
Then he better figure it out quickly otherwise an ALL AMERICAN RB is getting his time wasted here.
I thought he'd have figured it out by now unless he's not so subtly trying to change our offense into a pass only O which you suggested

Every team we play is going to try and do the same thing, load the box and key on stopping Tucker. Play1. Tucker 2 YDS Play2. Tucker 3YDS Play 3. Shrader tries to get the first down that Sean couldn't because the opposing team was on top of him. Our line has got to block and there has to be someone on the team besides Rhino to lead the way for him.
Let me ask you this - assume what we're currently doing is wasting Tucker.

How many wins do we need to get to feel wasting him was worthwhile?

6? 7? 8? 9? 10?

Let me ask you this - assume what we're currently doing is wasting Tucker.

How many wins do we need to get to feel wasting him was worthwhile?

6? 7? 8? 9? 10?
None. Wanna be AIRSU? I suppose that would be better if we were winning 10 games a year but who are you going to get to play Tuckers part?
You want to say getting 10 wins using Tucker as a decoy was worthwhile?
If so, perhaps it would be better for him to leave go pro and with a sub 4.3 get what he gets with professional players moving people for him. Morris did it and was very successful at it, but I know you know that.

I watched all 4 games, but didn't pay much attention to the UCON game. I don't honestly remember seeing a hole when Tucker approach the line with the ball. His biggest runs that I recall were a bunch of guys from each team trying to move the ball carrier. That's not Tucker's fault. The blame lies with the OL, the OL coach, and I agree that the loss of Rhino was huge.

None. Wanna be AIRSU? I suppose that would be better if we were winning 10 games a year but who are you going to get to play Tuckers part?
You want to say getting 10 wins using Tucker as a decoy was worthwhile?
If so, perhaps it would be better for him to leave go pro and with a sub 4.3 get what he gets with professional players moving people for him. Morris did it and was very successful at it, but I know you know that.
Yes, I absolutely do want to be AIRSU. We're the only college program with a Dome. It is a no-brainer. We should be a top ten passing offense every season.

But put that aside, you're honestly telling me you care more about how Tucker is used and his stats than how many games we win? We win 10 games this season and Tucker finishes under 1,000 yards rushing, and that's not worth it to you?

I do agree that regardless, this should be Tucker's last season of college ball, UNLESS he's getting great NIL money. Running backs take a beating, every season he gets clobbered without getting paid just isn't worth it for a guy with his talent.

Yes, I absolutely do want to be AIRSU. We're the only college program with a Dome. It is a no-brainer. We should be a top ten passing offense every season.

But put that aside, you're honestly telling me you care more about how Tucker is used and his stats than how many games we win? We win 10 games this season and Tucker finishes under 1,000 yards rushing, and that's not worth it to you?

I do agree that regardless, this should be Tucker's last season of college ball, UNLESS he's getting great NIL money. Running backs take a beating, every season he gets clobbered without getting paid just isn't worth it for a guy with his talent.
NO. I want AIRSU as much as you do but I want Tucker to get decent stats as well. Ain't gonna happen this year looks like and I know it's just a wish not reality.

OFF TUCKER:
I know how much of a beating running backs take. My son, for 15 years, was the head sports anchor/reporter at WPXI in Pittsburgh and did a pre- weekend sports show with the BUS. Fortunately they became good friends. Post career I used to see Jerome a lot and I was told how many surgeries he had to endure, I digress - but I knew that as a walk on All State QB from NJ at SU and became a close friend of friend of Floyds. He was very fast but we finished together at daily sprints at the end of practice. No one knows how much pain he went through, backs don't have that much of a tenure in the NFL even if they aren't injury plagued.

I guess I'd just like to see Tucker do well but I don't think he's going to have a year like he did last season if things stay the same.

AIRSU would be very cool as long as we have QB's that are smart, can run and throw and are accurate every year and receivers who can catch the ball. You know a QB like Micheal Vick who wanted to come to SU? McNabb couldn't convince his mother that coming to SU would be better than staying home.

Last edited:
This thread is premature. He’s top 20 in all purpose yards? He’s getting plenty of touches and it sounds like they are looking at solving some of the running game over the next 3 weeks.

Chill

NO. I want AIRSU as much as you do but I want Tucker to get decent stats as well. Ain't gonna happen this year looks like and I know it just a wish not reality.

OFF TUCKER:
I know how much of a beating running backs take. My son, for 15 years, was the head sports anchor/reporter at WPXI in Pittsburgh and did a pre- weekend sports show with the BUS. Fortunately they became good friends. Post career I used to see Jerome a lot and I was told how many surgeries he had to endure, I digress - but I knew that as a walk on All State QB from NJ at SU and became a close friend of friend of Floyds. He was very fast but we finished together at daily sprints at the end of practice. No one knows how much pain he went through, backs don't have that much of a tenure in the NFL even if they aren't injury plagued.

I guess I'd just like to see Tucker do well but I don't think he's going to have a year like he did last season if things stay the same.

AIRSU would be very cool as long as we have QB's that are smart, can run and throw and are accurate every year and receivers who can catch the ball. You know a QB like Micheal Vick who wanted to come to SU? McNabb couldn't convince his mother that coming to SU would be better than staying home.
Tucker's season last year was an all-time great for the program. I suppose he could build on that stats wise still, it's just looking different. He's on pace to catch 50 passes - that's pretty awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom