Don't forget Kansas lost to TCU last year and they were still a 1 seed | Syracusefan.com

Don't forget Kansas lost to TCU last year and they were still a 1 seed

Alsacs

Living Legend
That TCU team finished 11-21. So mega What losses happen. I get BC was at home and Kansas lost at TCU. However, Kansas finished 3rd in the country and that was a mega-What loss and they still got a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

That TCU team finished 11-21. So mega What losses happen. I get BC was at home and Kansas lost at TCU. However, Kansas finished 3rd in the country and that was a mega-What loss and they still got a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

TCU was 10-12 and 1-8 in the Big 12 when they beat Kansas. Kansas shot 29% that game which is why they lost. Same as what happened to us last night.

You mean SU still has a chance for a 1-seed?

I was/am still in an awful mood from last night...but this post helped. I just looked at Kansas schedule from last year and after their loss to TCU, they lost at Oklahoma. And if that weren't enough, prior to the TCU loss, they lost at home to OK St. Maybe things aren't as bad as I made them out to be in my head. Of course a win at Duke will cure everything. A loss at Duke certainly won't kill us or look poory on the overall resume. I'm just worried about getting wins at Maryland and now at UVA. If we can beat those two teams, we should be in fine shape.

True. However, Kansas was at TCU. Imo, what makes this so brutal is that it was at home, against a reeling team to boot...

So to beat Syracuse, a team has to shoot better than 40% from three and keep Syracuse under 35% FG.

That's not going to happen often.

Better to into that game in February than in March.

So to beat Syracuse, a team has to shoot better than 40% from three and keep Syracuse under 35% FG.

That's not going to happen often.

Better to into that game in February than in March.
Not over 40% from 3 pt range probably around 50% and make a minimum of 10 3pt FGs. We played horribly, but BC executed their gameplan perfectly and stole the game.

True. However, Kansas was at TCU. Imo, what makes this so brutal is that it was at home, against a reeling team to boot...
Its a bad loss, but it won't matter in the eyes of the committee that it was at home versus on the road. All NCAA Tournament games are on neutral floors(except if Dayton plays in the First Four). The committee values road wins more than home wins and the objective criteria by the committee doesn't state a home loss is worse than a road loss.

The loss is survivable if it's an isolated game. If we go on a losing streak the next few games and that is certainly possible...well I don't want to think about that. But no doubt a bad loss at home to an absolutely terrible team damages the subjective perception of SU among the media analysts. Just when the program was being talked about and earning the rep as an elite, we suffer the kind of embarrassing loss that seems to haunt us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom