Don't Get on KJ - He Was One of the Few Who Showed Up | Syracusefan.com

Don't Get on KJ - He Was One of the Few Who Showed Up

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
In a game where, once again...broken record...over and over again...SU got out-rebounded, KJ LED the team with 9 rebounds, 4 offensive. Everybody else stood around and watched USF out rebound SU 38 to 27.

To add from JB's press conference: KJ made the two plays of the game - REBOUNDS.

In a game where, once again...broken record...over and over again...SU got out-rebounded, KJ LED the team with 9 rebounds, 4 offensive. Everybody else stood around and watched USF out rebond SU 38 to 27.

Winner winner; chicken dinner

Honestly, I hate knocking guys personally, but Joseph was playing at half-speed for the bulk of the game, was having guys beat him to 50/50 loose balls, gave up a ton of points with lackluster defense, and circus-shot us out of half a dozen offensive possessions. So he got rebounds - great. That went toward offsetting a really poor all-around game.

In a game where, once again...broken record...over and over again...SU got out-rebounded, KJ LED the team with 9 rebounds, 4 offensive. Everybody else stood around and watched USF out rebound SU 38 to 27.

To add from JB's press conference: KJ made the two plays of the game - REBOUNDS.

he came up big in the last 5 minutes. before that? not sure as he didn't make anything. but the iso's we were running for him late worked because he stayed with his shot and got the rebounds and put backs. for the 40 minute game, it was cj and scoop who were the most consistent.

he came up big in the last 5 minutes. before that? not sure as he didn't make anything. but the iso's we were running for him late worked because he stayed with his shot and got the rebounds and put backs. for the 40 minute game, it was cj and scoop who were the most consistent.

Kris could learn a thing from CJ - it's a lot easier to score when you get the ball to the rim rather than flip up wild 14-footers after initiating contact. He did that on his last couple buckets, and did it pretty well. Scored on two of his last three, I think.

Yes. He did make some key plays but he still plays like a freshman often. Defensively he is not good and like you say, CJ and Scoop bailed us out again.

Honestly, I hate knocking guys personally, but Joseph was playing at half-speed for the bulk of the game, was having guys beat him to 50/50 loose balls, gave up a ton of points with lackluster defense, and circus-shot us out of half a dozen offensive possessions. So he got rebounds - great. That went toward offsetting a really poor all-around game.

He plays like a freshman often. Not good. I'm happy that he makes some timely plays but he has to play smarter or figure out his limitations. It will be interesting how Jerami Grant will develop here. Joseph probably has the worst bball IQ, defense, and rebounding skills of any hyped SU or nationally acclaimed SF I have ever seen. A no brainer.

He plays like a freshman often. Not good. I'm happy that he makes some timely plays but he has to play smarter or figure out his limitations. It will be interesting how Jerami Grant will develop here. Joseph probably has the worst bball IQ, defense, and rebounding skills of any hyped SU or nationally acclaimed SF I have ever seen. A no brainer.

The circus shot thing really astounds me, as - to a lesser extent - does the sleepy baseline defense. One would think that's been benched out of him right now, but Boeheim doesn't seem to be bothered by these lapses. After Kris gave up that first second-half alley oop, Southerland should've been back in the game. At least he was defending that play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom