Don't know if there are more classy coaches out there than Beilein and Wright | Syracusefan.com

Don't know if there are more classy coaches out there than Beilein and Wright

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Nice to see good things happen to good people. Quick story on Beilein. I went to what I believe was an ABCD Summer camp at Philadelphia University with a student of mine (back when I was a teacher). My student went over to say hi to a couple of the coaches who were sitting near us. Beilein has a 5 minute conversation with him and then thanks my student for coming over and saying hi. Beilein had no reason to go out of his way and be nice other than just being a great guy-since then, still root for him to do well (when not playing SU).

Last edited:
Nice to see good things happen to good people. Quick story on Beilein. I went to what I believe was an ABCD Summer camp at Philadelphia University with a student of mine (back when I was a teacher). My student went over to say hi to a couple of the coaches who were sitting near us. Beilein has a 5 minute conversation with him and then thanks my student for coming over and saying hi. Beilein had no reason to go out of his way and be nice other than just being a great guy-since then, still root for him to do well (when not playing SU).
I wonder how son Pat is and whether he gets a D1 gig before Boeheim retires.

I've talked to Beilein before (when he was at Lemoyne) and so has my father (both when he was at LeMoyne and at Michigan). He's always extremely nice and very, very down to earth. He is just a regular guy, which is nice this day in age.

Wasn't he offered the Marist job within the past couple of weeks?
Could be. I think someone here speculated he might get a look by URI for that job. He's done a nice job at LeMoyne.

Beilein is always the guy I wanted to replace JB while he was at WVU... once he moved to Michigan I figured our chance to get him was toast.

Even though his current Michigan team was heavily dependent on D, I've always loved Beilein's offensive system and the points his teams could put up.

I also advocated for Wright to replace JB way back when Nova was kicking GMAC's butt on senior day... but that ship has long sailed.

I really hope I'm not saying the same thing about Hopkins in two years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom