Don't sleep on Providence | Syracusefan.com

Don't sleep on Providence

heresjohnny88

2nd String
No this is not a joke. Look at Providence's recent work. They've been playing some very good basketball, and nearly beat us at their place. Council is fully healthy (he was about 50% when we played them). Same with Bryce Cotton. And this is a desperate basketball team. They need to win out (and do some work at the BET) to have a PRAYER at the tournament. It would be easy to simply look past them and focus on next Saturday, but if we come out flat, this game might be a struggle.

Them winning lately will be better for us. If they came in on a big losing streak, I could see maybe looking past them; but they've won 4 in a row and just stomped ND yesterday so there's no way the team will look to Saturday before being done with PC.

I think they'll have our guys' attention.
But yeah, I was just looking at their stats - Council had 11 assts and 11 boards against ND, and is averaging over 7 assts/game. Cotton is shooting almost 40% from three for the year and is the league's leading scorer. Batts is starting to look like a beast.
As a team they don't shoot very well and are loose with the ball.
I'm expecting a tough game.

Seems like we get one of these threads a day or two before each BE game.

Teams play differently on the road vs home. Very tough game for P.C..

It's not like the game in Providence was a walk in the park. Very dangerous game for SU...but a very dangerous game for PC, also.

It's not like the game in Providence was a walk in the park. Very dangerous game for SU...but a very dangerous game for PC, also.

Let's be honest - in general, we haven't played very well on the road or in neutral site games this year. Seems like we've played down to the level of our opponents in those games.

We'll be 12 point favorites on Wednesday FWIW

Let's be honest - in general, we haven't played very well on the road or in neutral site games this year. Seems like we've played down to the level of our opponents in those games.
Just like that game last month in Louisville, KY, huh?
And yeah, all the elite teams are undefeated on the road!

Agree, though why is it a dangerous game for Providence? All the pressure is on the 'Cuse, we are clearly expected to win and it would be considered a huge upset if we lost. Imo, Providence really doesn't have anything to lose here. Not to mention, keeping the longest (current) home winning streak alive .

Agree, though why is it a dangerous game for Providence? All the pressure is on the 'Cuse, we are clearly expected to win and it would be considered a huge upset if we lost. Imo, Providence really doesn't have anything to lose here. Not to mention, keeping the longest (current) home winning streak alive .
My point was that not all the pressure is on SU. PC needs this game if they are going to have any chance of making the tournament. Dangerous in the sense that if we play like we are capable of, this could get ugly for PC. That's all.

Just like that game last month in Louisville, KY, huh?
And yeah, all the elite teams are undefeated on the road!

Well, I don't think that I made any sort of comment regarding being undefeated on the road. You can continue to follow me around and fabricate stuff if you want...

IMO, I didn't think that the team played great against UL. Sure, they made some big plays down the stretch, and were once again aided by a bad play by BE POTY (Lol) Peyton Siva, but as a whole, they've played better. Regardless, that's only one game. No mention of Temple, USF, Providence, UConn, Nova or Pitt.

OK, how about you list the teams that play as well on the road as they do at home.

And, upon this season being over, let's see how many home games Louisville has lost.

And, finally, don't flatter yourself. :)