Dontez Ford to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Dontez Ford to Pitt

From our old friend 5 minute Licty:

"When I was at Scout we seriously considered him as a four-star. He was still a very high three-star. There were a lot of folks who felt he was actually better than Rippy. There was no debate that he was the best athlete on the team. Very rangy, athletic, good speed, nice frame. He can go up and get the ball. He had a very instinctual feel at safety. He was all over the field making plays for the Rox. It will be interesting to see how he does focusing as a receiver. I have no doubt that he'll be a viable option there. I felt Pitt dropped the ball not recruiting him."

Release from Pitt

From our old friend 5 minute Licty:

"When I was at Scout we seriously considered him as a four-star. He was still a very high three-star. There were a lot of folks who felt he was actually better than Rippy. There was no debate that he was the best athlete on the team. Very rangy, athletic, good speed, nice frame. He can go up and get the ball. He had a very instinctual feel at safety. He was all over the field making plays for the Rox. It will be interesting to see how he does focusing as a receiver. I have no doubt that he'll be a viable option there. I felt Pitt dropped the ball not recruiting him."
Don't you mean 20 second Bob?

The ACC doesn't have a rule against intra-league transfers.

We're not in the ACC until, what, July? I think the Big East rules apply.

He's paying his own tuition at Pitt for a year, which gets him around the BE rule.

After a year, the ACC rules apply. He will only have to sit out the 2013 season.

Not sure if true or not but:

Sean Keeley@NunesMagician
Re: Dontez Ford. @CzarOfPgh @PittScript He only has to sit out one year, but he can't be on scholarship for that year. That's the ACC rule.

Don't you mean 20 second Bob?

I knew someone would remember the quote. I think I was the first to post it too, lol

Thanks

Bob's wife really could have gone with a more flattering nickname

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob's wife really could have gone with a more flattering nickname

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

His nickname is apparently 15 seconds longer than he actually deserves. He also goes by "the 2 inch punisher".

Had Pitt offered him and actively recruited him, I guarantee Blob would have rated him a 4 star.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom